QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Monday, January 27, 2014

The Dish Ran Away With the Spoon

I have wanted to make "The Dish Ran Sway With the Spoon" wall quilt from a Sarah Sporer pattern for a long time.  I finally took the plunge and did it.
I love those red polka dot high heels, her big red lips, and the long eye lashes.  His bowtie and the shoes with the spats.  The design is in her book called "Childhood...A Time Worth Remembering".  It was published by Indygo Junction in 1999, so a good while ago.  There is a Humpty Dumpty design I like too.  Plus more.  The dish quilt was a fun one to make.  Hand applique and machine quilted.

I have been sewing a good portion of the day on a Country Threads pattern.  I was hoping to get the main body of the quilt all constructed but it was slow going with having to cut pieces using templates.  Not much more to go but I am about done for this evening.  I hope you found some time to enjoy stitching today.

Karen

28 comments:

  1. Very cute Karen... such a fun reminder of a favorite nursery rhyme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Hey diddle diddle....
    You brought a smile to my face. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny, love how she made it so whimsical and you picked out the perfect fabrics.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that? I love it. You have been busy again. Can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of my favorite things....nursery rhymes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He sure did....What was he thinking...giggle. This is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is too cute, Karen! I love each of the details you mentioned. What a smile maker! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, it is so funny! Hugs
    Lida

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it, it is such fun. I loved her shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE IT! what a fun pattern. Love her red shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another adorable small prim quilt!
    Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That made me smile, Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Karen,
    This one is really cute. Loved the border fabric in the previous post. You are a hard lady to keep up with! Nice work(s).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karen...what a fun project!!
    Can't wait to see what you are stitching!! Slow and steady...and no distractions are the key! :o)))
    P

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so adorable!! I love Sarah Sporer designs and this one is no exception!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute. I wish there were more hours in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, that is just adorable!!Love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet! Sure brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so darn cute!! The humpty sounds sweet too. I've always been partial to humpty-dumpty.

    ReplyDelete