QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

My Swap Quilt

In my previous post, I shared with you a table runner that I received from Chelos in Spain.  I had forgotten to take a photo of the wall quilt that I had sent to her in trade.  Chelos has kindly sent me a photo of it so I could post it on my blog.
I used a Jan Patek design called "Urn Pillow" from the book "Primitive Primer".  I made it into a wall quilt instead of a pillow.  This was done with needle turn applique and then machine quilted.  I would like to make one for myself later on.  Well, I would really like to make the large quilt from the book which has this flower pot design as one of the blocks.  This quilt along with many other Jan Patek designs that I would like to make.

You will find me playing  in the sewing room today.
Karen

18 comments:

  1. SO glad I was able to see a picture of what you sent to your new friend in Spain. How nice of her to send you a picture. Just a adorable wall hanging . I really like the fabric you used for the background PERFECT! I also will be playing in my sewing room today ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice treat for her:) Your work is lovely Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, so glad you got a photo of it. It is delightful.
    You must have kept Jan Patek in business over the years. : )
    I do like her designs. I actually have one on my bucket list that has NO applique. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful quilt and a nice gift for your new friend in Spain. I want to do the rabbit one you sent me, have a couple of smaller things i need to finish too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a very lucky girl ;)
    Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun playing in your room :-)
    Great little swap quilt, I can see why you want to make another one to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure she will be delighted with her fabulous gift!

    ReplyDelete
  8. es precioso!!
    entiendo que quieras hacer uno para ti
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice wallhanging, I don't blame you for wanting to make one for yourself. Jan Patek's patterns are delightful to look at but time intensive to finish. Hope you have fun in your sewing room today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that turned out very nice! I love Jan Patek designs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that Urn Pillow design. I have that book someplace. Must dig it out! Great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how pretty. What is needle turn applique? I am so new to quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Un treball molt bonic, com tots els que fas.
    M'encanta !!!
    Bon cap de setmana.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All I needed was to see a picture of your little quilt to know that it is from the Primitive Primer...seeing mine is up on the design wall as I finish it. LOVE your urn. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now your beautiful work is enjoyed around the world.

    ReplyDelete