QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Winter But Working On Fall

A bit early to be thinking of fall when it is still winter (it was 82 degrees here yesterday.....winter?).  Before Thanksgiving, I did a lot of searching on Bing Images and Pinterest for designs with a turkey.  Then into my stash of patterns to see what I could find.  I decided to make another wool mat from a pattern I had.  I ran out of time and Thanksgiving was long gone.  After Christmas I decided I should go ahead and make the mat and be ready for fall 2014.  Here is "Abigail".  The pattern is by Liberty Rose.  At the end of December, I showed "Crystal" that I had just completed.  I will add that picture here also.

I am working on my third "Piece and Plenty" quilt and all from the same fabrics.  This one is for me.  I have the first basket  done.  I think it is the most difficult applique block in the quilt.  At least for me.  But one of the prettiest designs.

I finished another wall quilt and sent it off on its way to Spain for a quilt trade.  I thought I had photographed it but I did not.  It was made from a Jan Patek basket pattern.  I hope the recipient will send me a picture.

I have been very busy creating quilts and blocks and will share more with you soon. And, yes, I really do make all these things myself.  No elves to help.  LOL!

Karen

22 comments:

  1. Your WONDER Woman ,I wish I had your mojo, all your things are beautiful. Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. To say you have been very busy seems somehow to be an understatement, based on the evidence we see regularly posted here!
    I love the plaid ladies! Plaids just call my name. : )
    That is such a pretty basket block. Looks plenty hard to me--but then all applique does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am loving Abigail! The turkey is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful blocks. The Piece and Plenty quilt is a delightful pattern. I'm glad you're making one for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with Crystal in her red dress and that cute scarf and that basket is GORGEOUS!!!! You are on a ROLL LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crystal is a beauty but I LOVE Abigail.

    The basket is so pretty, it would take me quite a long time to complete such a block.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stinkin adorable!! Dang! Wish I had your stamina, drive, ambition, mojo...whatever you want to call it! Abigail is just as delightful as Crystal. You go sew girl! Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all wonderful! Love your color choices. Crystal and Abigail are lovely. Love the color in the turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both great pieces and nice to get things done ahead of time, for next year. I could go for 80 temps.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anything with wool in it and I'm in love so I adore both your appliqué pieces no matter what the season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow--you are going gang-busters!! I love the basket block--so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Abigail has a real handsome turkey there! LOVE that basket block! The fabrics and design are simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a pretty basket block! Love your fall block with the turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your basket is gorgeous Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Karen!! I love your Crystal block!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! You have been a very busy little stitcher and every project is just wonderful!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That basket is a beautiful start. So glad this one is for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so glad you are finally going to get a Piece and Plenty quilt. I agree that this block was the most tedious to applique. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great applique...love the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karen your work is so beautiful. I love the basket block. What pattern is that? Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish I could do applique like that. Practicing with staight lines right now. That basket would have had me pulling my hair out. Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete