QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern called "Twelve Days of Christmas"..

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Paddling As Fast As I Can

First up, I just finished my third basket block for the "Piece and Plenty" block of the month.  This block  was designed by Jan Patek.  Beware if you have downloaded the pattern set.  Watch the direction of the pattern pieces on this block.  Some are reverse from the block design and some aren't.  I doubt Jan had anything to do with the direction of the pattern pieces as this was a joint effort between several designers and Moda U.  I had to re-cut some of the pieces.  And I left off the triangles on the main part of the basket.  With such busy fabrics, I thought it looked better this way.  I am working from a kit and the fabrics used are from Moda Madeira.

Next, I finished four more blocks for "Sweet Grace" which is a Jan Patek design.  The pineapple blocks took some time to make.  I pieced the triangle sections that are the centers of the pineapples.  Then the outer part of the pineapple was placed over that and stitched.  And several more parts to be added.  I changed one of the corner designs as the shape did not seem to make much sense for the pineapple block.  I finally figured out it was a smaller flower shape from another block but hardly recognizable in the small size.  I changed it to a star.

I did one block from a set of patterns by Laural Arestad called "Celebrate the Holidays".  I chose to set the block on point and make a small quilt from it.  It is the Easter block and will be used for a gift.  Another bunny though nothing like the others I have done lately.  I used a combination of cotton and wool for the applique.  The green border fabric (also on the back) has been in my stash for ages.  Finally a use for it.

And finally, the third and fourth blocks from Kathy Schmitz's "Simply Red" pattern booklet.  If you remember from last month, I am doing mine in blue.  I should make some of the pieced star blocks that go with these but no time right now.  These are fused designs and the edges stitched by machine.  And some hand embroidery added.

That's all for now.  Happy Stitching!
Karen


26 comments:

  1. Wow, your on a roll, love your pieces. Enjoying the 80's here in the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they are all such pretty blocks. I love that Maderia line of fabric. Sure wish I had purchased more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really got your quilts worth in today, lol.
    I hope everything goes well tomorrow and you are not in too much pain.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing what you get done! I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always in awe when I visit your blog. You inspire me to do more applique. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you've been busy! I love the basket block at the top - gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have had a very productive weekend!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Impressive! Love your new block finishes. I think I have some of that green with black in my stash, but mine is way out of square. So much so that I can use it as a bias :)
    I'll be thinking of you tomorrow - healing thoughts and prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One beautiful project after another. And you worked another bunny into the mix!! Very cute. : )
    I am loving those pineapples!
    What is going on in your life tomorrow? I want to be praying for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Son unos trabajos perfectos y preciosos, me encantan.
    Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen,
    You seem to be on a year of appliqué also. Beautiful appliqué projects. Happy Stitching,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been a busy girl! Love all your blocks, especially those pineapple ones. Not sure what you're going thru tomorrow, but I'll pray for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I obviously need to get more paddles!
    love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I obviously need to get more paddles!
    love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been extremely productive!
    All of your applique' blocks are so lovely! Those little blue blocks are darling too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! You have a very busy girl ! What wonderful projects ! Of course you know me and red fabric... I love the basket block with finished

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thats some pretty fast paddling Sharon.
    All your blocks are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know how you keep everything straight!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your sure working hard. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sure you don't have a helper? lol. Well done Karen, very productive.

    ReplyDelete
  21. looks like you are "happily" stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  22. More beautiful work. I love those pineapples.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your baskets...and wanted to invite ya to link them up tomorrow at my Tuesday Archives Linky as tomorrow's themes are: Baskets and Bunnies! mypvl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I recognize your header "tis spring" wall hanging from Pinterest! I've admired it many times! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really enjoyed this post as I love both Jan's and Kathy's designs. You've got some great blocks done here, thanks for sharing these at Val's!

    ReplyDelete