QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern called "Twelve Days of Christmas"..

Monday, March 3, 2014

Sweet Grace and Block 2 of BOM

I have had the blocks for "Sweet Grace" ready to go for a while now and finally did some stitching on them.
I am using a Jan Patek design.  The baskets were to be pieced and then stitched onto the background.  I chose to piece the basket section completely.  Just a little drawing in Electric Quilt to get the measurements.  Next up is a pineapple block of which there are three of.

I was a day late in finishing the second block for the "Piece and Plenty" block of the month I am doing.
I like the background used for this block.  A Blackbird Designs sampler style fabric.  And most of the green in the block is from the same fabric design.  Just a different color.

I was working on a Cheri spring quilt design and am going to stitch the wool applique pieces down this afternoon.  I should have something new to show you soon.
Karen

25 comments:

  1. Your baskets are just beautiful! Love that there are so many different ways to do them.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVE all these basket blocks!! And pineapples? That got my attention, too!
    I look forward to seeing your Spring quilt. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. me gusta !!!
    veo que hay piñas,
    ya pienso en mi nuevo edredón con piñas,al ver que me animas
    gracias saludos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks and I really adore that background fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those basket blocks are beautiful. I am leary about doing small appliques, I make such a mess, lol. I got my mats down, in the dryer now. Next I want to do the bunny piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baskets with flowers bring the sweet anticipation of spring. Lovely blocks. That particular Blackbird fabric makes a striking background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blocks Karen. Can't wait to see them in a quilt. Also looking forward to seeing the pineapple blocks, I love that design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blocks. Looks like your sampler print background is a big hit. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet little baskets - and a lovely background fabric choice. Thanks for sharing:)
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those blocks are fab, I love the baskets and the way you use the colors of the flowers!
    Hugs
    Lida

    ReplyDelete
  12. Basket blocks are so sweet, I think Blackbird Designs background fabric will always be a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blocks are gorgeous! Love seeing the close up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so beautiful! The one from Piece and Plenty is my favorite... I'd love to have a whole quilt of those! Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great blocks and I love that background fabric -
    Can you believe the robins are back here in CT - poor things there is nothing but snow and ice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your baskets. I am working on baskets right now myself. Nice to see a kindred spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Karen your stitching is gorgeous...love those baskets and flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your pieced and applique' basket blocks are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What great basket blocks! I love the last one - such pretty fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All the baskets are so cute--especially like the one with the little handles! I love the sampler background fabric--I have been hoarding them in various colorways myself and have a big basket full--time to start using it!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just lovely Karen. Basket blocks are so appealing. Love your fabrics too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. All so pretty. I love that sampler printed light ground fabric too. Great baskets, hard not to love flowers in a basket.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nothing says spring like flowers!!! Great points too!... Love this project.

    ReplyDelete