QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Live Simply and Watering Can Tops

Two quilt tops to share with you today.  The first is "Live Simply" which is from a Cheri Payne pattern.  Another easy design.  I used the fusible applique method with machine stitching.  All cottons this time.
Close up view of the blocks.

Love the striped hand!



Next is the "Watering Can" flimsy made from a Joined At the Hip pattern in an alphabet book.  I forget the exact measurements but it is around 48 inches across.  Rather big for my taste.  If I were to make it again (and I won't be doing that), I would take time to decrease the lettering and applique size for a more manageable wall size quilt.  As is, it would take a fair size space on a wall but not big enough to cover up with on a sofa.  I will probably drape it from the back of a chair.  This one makes me think of summer.

I was able to make these two tops from stash.  The border on the watering can quilt is a Jan Patek piece left over from two other smaller wall quilts that I made.  For the "Live Simply" piece, I used a few pieces from scraps I won from Cheri a while back and the rest from my stash.

I am enjoying my time in the sewing room using my stash fabrics and making use of quilt patterns I have stashed away.
Karen

19 comments:

  1. Both of your quilts are super sweet. Glad you were able to use your stash. That's always a good feeling and you might as well use the perfect fabric that you have in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilts--I can't believe how you seem to be churning them out!
    I was a bit surprised that the watering can quilt was that large.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you are jumping back into quilting. I am waiting for my ribs to ease up and my energy to come back, but really want to get into my sewing room, clean it up and get sewing on the machine. Love the new projects and the sampler with sayings is a nice one. I am thinking of making my sister a little quilt for the room she made with a garden theme and sayings for her.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Live Simply quilt! Love the simple sayings on it, they are so true! And the Watering Can too, with flowers coming out of the can is so cute! So glad you are back sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first quilt is especially sweet. Wonderful wording.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, que bonito trabajo, me gusta mucho.
    Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beauties! And, all from stash! :-) Isn't it a wonderful feeling to be using stash to create something new?

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! You go girl!! You are on fire!
    Love all of your projects!! Gorgeous!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad to see you as productive as ever! Hope your hands are all healed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola Karen, m'agrada molt la regadora amb les flors. El trobo molt divertit.
    Bon cap de setmana llarg !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to see you are healed enough to get back to your quilting.
    Both tops are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Cheri quilt. I love the softness of it. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. O..:0)) very nice and so sweet!

    The Live Simply :0)))

    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the embroidered words on the first one. Lovely little quilts, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the striped hand is way too fun....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was just discussing with a friend yesterday the value of a "deep" stash! So wonderful you are enjoying your stitching time and sharing with is.

    ReplyDelete
  17. very pretty. I like the title of the one, Live Simply. that is how I want to live.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both quilts are wonderful. It's a good feeling to use up some stash fabric.

    ReplyDelete