QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Some of This and Some of That

Some pieces and parts to share with you.  My fingers are working pretty good now as far as ability to do hand work.  The first small quilt was made before surgery, though.  Another Sarah Sporer design.  This one is called "Hare" and is for April.  A fast project since it is raw edge applique done with a running stitch.
Next up are some blocks for a spring quilt by Joined at the Hip.  There is one more applique block to make and then some pieced blocks.  This is one design from a set of twelve.  It is a pattern where you make a base quilt and the monthly designs are to be attached with buttons and loops.  I prefer a quilt that can be used to cover up with instead of a large wall quilt.  I don't think it would work well to cover up with if it has loose parts.  So I plan on piecing all the parts together.  I doubt I will ever make twelve separate quilts from the pattern set.
And the third thing I have to share is a heart block from Jan Patek's "Hearts and Flowers" pattern.  This is made with her Front Porch line of fabric.  There are basket blocks and flowers blocks and lots more hearts.
If you have the pattern for the heart quilt beware.  There is a cutting error for both sizes of connector squares that form the heart shapes.  They are too large.  I did not make a sample block nor take time to think the block through so I have 300 squares to trim down.  And fortunately, the squares are too large instead of too small where I would need to track down more of the background fabric.

I have lots more in the works and will share with you soon.  All from projects that have been prepped and ready to go for a while.
Karen

26 comments:

  1. It's nice to see all of these bunnies, baskets and tulips! I hope Spring gets here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Hare quilt!

    Those spring applique' blocks are all beautiful! A very pretty heart block too!

    Wishing you a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuanto me alegro!!!! que ya estés mejor, y puedas disfrutar de tus costuras.
    Todos los proyectos preciosos
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Spring applique blocks and the Hare! So very, very glad to hear that you cut the squares too large!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All very delightful projects, though I believe the bunny flying over the tulips is my fav!
    And when I read about the hearts, I was smug because I felt surely you would work Jan Patek or Cheri Payne in somewhere. : )
    Is there no end to your bunny projects? I didn't know that many bunny patterns existed. You could open a museum "Every bunny applique project known to man (or woman)!" *LOL*
    You must be recovering well, with all you are accomplishing. That is good news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your bunnies - I have a real one that's decided to visit my yard every day. :) I hate when a pattern doesn't work right! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like your fingers are starting to fly once again. Your bunnies are cute as can be. Glad the patterns mistake was bigger than smaller. That would have been a real bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of your spring quilts ! Glad to hear you are recovering quickly :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how your rabbit piece came out, nice homespun choices. I finished my robin tonight, so I need to clean up the markers and she will be ready to hang.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the hare! Good to see you are getting some stitching done after your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad that you're able to get to stitching more ... great news! Adorable projects ... love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to see you are able to work on projects again! Hope you are having some nice Spring weather too. Always fun to see what you are working on - you inspire so many of us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to see you're stitching again Karen and I love your Hare & Spring blocks in particular:0)

    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always love bunnies and hearts! Glad you are on the go again! Happy Easter!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cutest bunny!! Love it--our poor bunnies must be shivering and shaking in this frigid weather--here's hoping for a warmer Easter...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy projects! So glad your hands are improving.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Joined at the hip make the best patterns- so easy to assemble and great directions.
    I like your idea of making it one large usable quilt- so practical.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your "Tis Spring". I like the colors used. I was just introduced to your blog by a quilting friend.
    Judy
    pickinstitchin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your "Tis Spring". I like the colors used. I was just introduced to your blog by a quilting friend.
    Judy
    pickinstitchin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the ears! This silhouette of the hare is one of the best I'd ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Joined at the Hip patterns. I can totally see why you'd want to put them into one quilt.:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad your hand is recovering well and that you are able to do some stitching. Just love the projects you have on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  24. lots of cute blocks! glad you are able to do more hand work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So glad your able to stitch at the pre surgery level now.
    Love the bunny, nice shape.
    Looking forward to seeing what you have coming up next.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope you are feeling better, Karen, love all your blocks! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete