QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Flower Basket

A new finished wall quilt.  Small in size.  The pattern I used is "Flower Basket" and is a Cheri Payne design.

The photo makes the quilt look more narrow on the bottom but it is just the camera angle.  I used French General fabric for the basket and the final border.  More of the alphabet fabric that I like.  Now all I have left is small scraps of it.  All the fabrics came from my stash.  I don't think you can see the button well enough to know that it has a horse head on it.  The button is on the very top flower.  Just something I had in the button box.

I plan on spending some quality time in the sewing room today.  Maybe you can too.
Karen

19 comments:

  1. The red border just does it for me, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, This is one of my favorites and I do see the little horse head on the button..Too cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the border you used, gives it a new look.
    I need to go through my patterns, have lots of flower ones and my sister is doing a garden room, maybe two small ones from the stitcheries you sent me.

    My quilts always do that in photos, even though I think it is straight on, one side always looks smaller.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delightful little design for Spring/Summer. I love the whimsy of the border fabric and the horse head button! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Reminds me of a small country threads basket of flowers wall hanging I made .

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the same one I made last month. Did I inspire you to make it. You inspire me every post. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pretty basket of flowers! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh.. you can never go wrong with a basket of posies.:) Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A May basket full of flowers! I like the red stripe fabric, enjoy your sewing time. I am prepping some hand work for a long drive later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this quilt! Seeing it inspires me to get my rear in gear and make an appliqué quilt! Sooner rather than later, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adorable!!! Great piece and fantastic quilting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. precioso y primaveral este tapiz!!
    veo muy bien la cabeza del caballo
    a mi hermana le gustara , pues le encantan los caballos
    buena snoches

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the simplicity of this little flower basket quilt, Karen! The alphabet fabric border is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the horse head button. A nice bit of whimsy for the sweet quilt. As always, love it! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jealous of all the old BrannockPatek brushed cottons scraps you have used! your border fabric and color are great! Love It!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great quilt to have hanging at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty little basket quilt!
    Congratulations on a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love small quilts and your basket of flowers is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love love your basket ...filled with Fun flowers...:0)

    ReplyDelete