QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Loch Lomond

I made a start on the applique blocks for a quilt pattern called "Loch Lomond".  It is a Geoff's Mom pattern.  The blocks are large.  Twenty inches and there are six and then the borders.  I have two done and am close to having a third finished.

The second block took longer to stitch because of those three ball shaped flowers.  Curves!  And there are a ton of that shape to go on the border.

I have a small wall quilt almost done and will be back to share the finished product with you.  Another Cheri design.
Karen

14 comments:

  1. Lovely and traditional. And I adore your Spring Cleaning on your banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful blocks, you did a beautiful job on them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blocks! I look forward to seeing more of these quilt blocks and your new wall quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great blocks with a folk art appeal! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blocks--I'm glad it is you making them! More of that shape in the border? Yikes! It will look lovely, I know, but about now I'd be trying to figure out a pieced border!! *LOL*
    You are amazing. I can't believe all of the quilts you have been producing lately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had your patience and skill for applique! Beautiful blocks, as always. And I love your Spring Cleaning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Els dos blogs son realment bonics. Ja tinc ganes de veure'ls tots !!
    Petons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Karen, every time I see one of your projects, I think "I want to make that one, too"!! They are so fun and lovely! Love your color choices for this quilt!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those appliqué blocks are wonderfully done. I especially like all of the cheddar you're using. It's a going to be a lovely folk style sampler. Sorry about all the curves in the border!

    ReplyDelete
  10. espectacular!!!!!!
    son una preciosidad
    ¿cuando coses tanto?
    ¿duermes?
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you are using... I can't wait to see your finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blocks. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colors in this one are perfect. Can't wait to see it all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooooh.... I love them. I just got the rest of the background fabric for my quilt and hope to get a block or two prepped. Hugs

    ReplyDelete