QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Friday, May 23, 2014

Noah and Matilda and More

Some Noah and Matilda blocks to share with you today.  I am not working on them in any particular order.  Just what suits my fancy.  The lower right block is one I showed previously.  These are the four I have done.  I am doing mine prim style and using a lot of Kansas Troubles fabrics that I have in stash.
If you are interested in purchasing the block patterns, pay a visit to Dawn (Collector With A Needle) and follow the link on her blog.  The patterns are in pdf form and are reasonably priced.  And you can purchase a set at a time.  She has released five sets thus far.
http://collectorwithaneedle.blogspot.com/2013/12/19th-century-noah-and-matilda-album.html

Next up is a single block from a Gwen Marston pattern.  She called it "Flowers In Vase With Bird".  The sample in the book was done as a single block, quilted and bound.  I have no particular plans for this and will probably do the same as she did.

I have one side done of the next medallion border for "Tiptoe Through the Tulips".  There are corner appliques to do but I won't be able to do them until the other four sides are stitched and added.

I have block five done for the "Piece and Plenty" basket quilt.  That makes me up to date on this project.  I am doing one section a month.

I recently made a used book purchase of "Baltimore Bride's Quilt Designs" which is from Dover books.  Some nice applique block designs but most would need enlarging.  I was amused that the designs got smaller the further back in the book you go.  By the time you get the the end and find the border designs, they are teeny tiny.


I don't think I would try enlarging the border drawings.  I think they would be too grainy looking by the time you got them large enough.  But there are some nice drawings in the book (no color pictures except on the cover).  And no quilt layouts.  I purchased the book through Amazon and the price was very reasonable.

I am sewing together pieces and parts for a Jan Patek design and will be finishing the interior of the quilt.  It is trying my patience with so many partial seams.  I hope the effort is worth it in the end.

Karen

27 comments:

  1. Your blocks are coming along beautifully, you really do nice appliqué work. I like the dover books, lots of good design ideas. Now you can get epatterns from them and they are building up the book library, so you can get a whole book or just one page, which is nice.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much loveliness to look at! Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I love seeing your applique. I do not posess the patience nor the talent for this craft but I so enjoy the look of it. I follow so many bloggers who applique and you are absolutely one of the best. Your blocks are so perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always fun projects at your place! I had thought about the Noah and Matilda blocks, just not enough hours in the day!!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you've had a super week. All your appliqué is perfect as always. I love your approach to the N & M blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really liking Noah & Matilda in the KT fabrics.
    Karen, I'm guessing that your hands are never idle. You are an applique machine!
    Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the background fabric you chose for your noah and matilda blocks. You inspired me to start collecting the patterns. This post is so full of wonderful eye candy. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, your applique is wonderful! Great colors and fabrics! You are such an inspiration!

    Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love the basket block and the Tiptoe Through The Tulips! So nice to have flowers instead of snow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've completed SO many beautiful applique' blocks! I like your KT fabric combo for Noah & Matilda! So nice to see how other's interpret quilts to their liking/taste.

    Wishing you a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Noah and Matilda blocks! It is a treat to see all the fabric choices. Your other blocks are great too. I think a little appliqué quilt,with the vase is a sweet idea. Your tulips are coming right along! Wow, and Piece and Plenty is a clever block.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Tiptoe is looking great. Fantastic you stuck with it,not like me. I love the Piece and Plenty block. Did you make this once for somebody else? I am still amazed at how prolific you are with your applique. Happy Memorial Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whew! You have been busy. Your blocks are great. Hang in there with those partial seams. I am sure the finished product will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Noah and Matilda blocks! Kansas Trouble fabrics are a favorite of mine. I love the Gwen Marston block too! You have certainly gotten a lot done! It looks like there are some nice designs in your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your N and M blocks. What method did you use to make those tiny red cherries?
    Love you Tip Toes Through The Tulips block.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such lovely blocks, Good to see you busy again. Hows your hand holding up?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of beautiful progress on all fronts! I have a particular fondness for the basket block.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great eye candy on your blog as always! Love the many projects you have on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such gorgeous blocks! You are such a wonderful quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Karen , I love your prim blocks
    Re,. the red stuff on my bed .
    It was made last year .Yes, I did trim the sheets and pillowcases myself .
    I also crocheted the blanket.
    I like to make a big splash at christmas

    ReplyDelete
  21. Vuelvo de un fin de semana
    Y madre mía......
    ¡¡¡preciosos bloques !!
    la canasta de flores es maravillosa
    ¿que tal para decorar mi camiseta de verano?
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am inspired to get busy sewing!! I love your little Gwen Marston block, esp.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always enjoy seeing what you're working on Karen - you do beautiful work! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just really love everything you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WoW! You do such beautiful work! So prolific too! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your appliqué blocks are all so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete