QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Sunday, July 20, 2014

New Spring Quilt Top

Just finished.  A new quilt top for spring.


I started the quilt in the spring and did most of the applique and then set the project aside.  I have moved the blocks and pattern pages several times.  It was time to do something before losing something I would need.  The pattern I used is by Joined At the Hip called "Patchwork Journal" and this is the one for April.  The patterns are designed to have a base quilt and then you would make patches for each month of the year to be buttoned onto loops.  I don't have a good place to hang a quilt this size to be able to change out the various parts.  The long tulip block, the basket of eggs, the bunny, and the word block (April) at the top would be changed out.   I chose to make all the blocks as part of the quilt so no changing.   I don't know that I would ever make a quilt for each month from the set of patterns.  You can view all the different patterns here.

I hope you have had some time to do a little stitching today.
Karen


23 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt, Karen! I love spring and this quilt captures what's special about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Karen. And it is a good picture of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty Spring quilt! That is a cute idea about changing portions of the quilt for each month. I would not have a place to hang it either though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are working on this again because I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I am off to look at the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fun Spring quilt and I do enjoy doing different seasons and changing them out. I really need to start a fall one, I have a few patterns like this with a fall theme I can do.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very sweet looking quilt. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, and I like your idea of changing it to a permanent Spring quilt. Love that bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So charming, a perfect spring quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a really neat concept for a quilt, though to do every month takes a lot of dedication.... Your April stitch up fabulous! Where did all that cool Spring air go? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you put it together as one quilt! The bunny is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous!! And did you notice that all of these patterns are ONLY $6.00!! Unheard of!! Thanks for the link!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, as always! May I assume you don't work outside the house? You get entirely too much stitching done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Es preciosa !!!
    seria genial
    tener todas las estaciones
    veré los patrones
    gracias por el enlace
    si!!!!! que cosí toda la tarde del domingo
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely and fun! I checked out the other patterns...many of those are really good. That's a lot of block changing each month but a cute idea. I have trouble just keeping up with seasons ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love it Karen! Now I want to haul out the patterns and start :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very cool concept to have quilt parts that can be changed out. Love your version!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Combining the blocks into one quilt was a good plan. I like it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful spring quilt. I am doing a much smaller version of a month to month quilt. I have just a frame of squares and half-sq triangles around a muslin base 13" sq. I do one block
    symbolic of that month and it attaches to the frame with velcro dots.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a big fan of Joined at the Hip patterns. They are usually accurate and so whimsical! Nice work Karen.

    ReplyDelete