QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Pond Racing

Another Sarah Sporer monthly design done.  This time it is "Pond Racing".  A sailboat for July in red, white, and blue..

And the next to last block for "Loch Lomond".  One block left and then the border and I am not looking forward to it.  I think because it is a lot of the same curvy shapes taken from elements in the blocks.

Audrey from "Quilty Folk" is inspired to make an eagle quilt and has asked if others are interested.  I am jumping on the band wagon.  I am surprised at how many eagle patterns I have in my library of books and individual patterns.  Both reproduction style and prim.  Hard to choose just one so I may have to do two or three!

I am working on finishing a summer block today for a Cheri four season quilt pattern.  Back to stitching.
Karen

20 comments:

  1. Lovely:0) sail block ... and the('country') fabrics so nice !
    Stripes and stars

    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finished your sailboat! And it's just perfect. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finishes! I've not seen the boat race before that I remember. Great fabric choices.
    And I was considering the eagle challenge also - do you think a work in progress would be ok? As I 'just happen' to have one - imagine that:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me gusta el tapiz !!!!
    lo veo tan acorde con el mes...
    gran idea
    el bloque Loch Lomond
    perfecto
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great sailboat block. I've never been on a sailboat but this block says "summer" to me. I guess I enjoy watching them from the shore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that sailboat! Your Loch Lomond is so pretty! I look forward to seeing which eagle pattern you decide on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this July Pond Racing block. I wish I had more time for sewing. It is becoming such a struggle for me this summer. Instead of things slowing down at work, we are getting busier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh - I want to go Pond Racing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Pond Racing block! Perfect fabric choices too!

    The TQC i showed on my blog was a weekly mailing... but, she does have a freebie sew along going on too that I think you'd love! The appliqued center block was just posted on her blog.... and then there were a 100 or so little spool blocks... I need to catch up on that one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A PERFECT finish for summer!!And love the name!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sailboat came out really nice. I was thinking of making that one too and putting it with the other one, I made. I always love seeing your blocks, so beautifully done.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm thinking of joining too but haven't looked to see if I have an eagle pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was tickled to see your Pond Racing block as a friend of mine just completed an actual wooden pond racing sailboat! Fun block!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of your RWB plaid fabrics give your sailboat quilt a great look and your appliqué work on Loch Lomond is nicely done. A nice contrast in styles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your sail boat is just perfect for this time of year. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. just a cute sailboat! your applique looks lovely
    can't wait to see your eagle project.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That little boat block is so cute...love it :)

    The flower applique is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your sail boat. I too am a fan of Sarah's. The eagle sal sounds fun. Hugs

    ReplyDelete