QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Today's Project

Today's project is squaring up the Bible blocks, adding sashing, and sewing everything together.


The pattern for the quilt is by Jan Patek.  I looked back in my blog to see how long it has been since I finished the applique and embroidery on the blocks.  Shame, shame.  I finished them in June of 2012.  Just doesn't seem that long ago.  I don't know why I set the blocks aside instead of putting everything together.

You can see all the blocks in these posts here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here  .

I am heading back to the sewing room to finish up.
Karen

15 comments:

  1. Ahhh I know how that happens!! I do it all the time! Very cute :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to make that quilt...I will enjoy seeing yours come together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant wait to see this quilt when you are done :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got one block done, then realized it was a mess, need to rethink how i want to do it, think it will have to be raw edge. I cannot turn small pieces, lol. Yours came out beautifully, can't wait to see it all together.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pattern is still on my list. Can't wait to see yours done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, you may have gotten the blocks done in June of 2012, but you did get the blocks DONE!! So congratulations! And now you are putting them together and it will be a wonderful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your prim style; bible quilt blocks top. Look forward to seeing it all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, but...you now will have a UFO done. Wish I had a few of mine done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why do we ever put blocks aside? Usually to work on something else! We wouldn't want to get bored would we?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That block is so cute--love the fish and embroidery. It feels so good to get those UFO blocks together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to make this..someday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This pattern has been on my to do list for some time. Still haven’t gotten around to buying the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your progress and ability to turn things out is amazing! Wish I was as productive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, but how many things have you done and finished since then?? You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice block - and yep, it happens! I come across old things I started and never finished all the time. And put them right back, lol. Lovely quilt top in your last post too!

    ReplyDelete