QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Patriotic Place Mats

On July 4th, I started making a set of four place mats using an older Moda line of fabric called "Liberty Garden".  The pattern used stars that required templates or paper piecing.  I changed  them to sawtooth stars that I could rotary cut and then piece.



I used one of the tickings from the same line of fabric for the backing.
Liberty Garden has been one of my favorite Jan Patek fabric lines.    You can see some of the quilts I have used it for here, here, and here.  I think you get the idea.  I still have scraps left.

Karen

16 comments:

  1. What?!? You pieced when you could have appliqued? I'm shocked. Very nice result, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing as Sunny--you sat at your machine and pieced things? Wow! *LOL*
    You have made great use of this line of fabric. I love all of the quilts in the links. And the placemats are wonderful! Nice job, Karen! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. And look how much fabric you used from your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful 4 th of July Placemats !
    Great way to use your stash

    ReplyDelete
  5. me gusta la estrella de medianoche!!
    desde hace años en navidad regalo a 5 amigas una estrella, este año sera esta,
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. These patriotic placemats are nice examples of quilting at its best -- using something that might have been sitting around for a while (even years), and changing a pattern or design to make it our own. The placemats are adorable and you should be proud of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really nice, you did a beautiful job on the mats and the fabric choices.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What cute place mats. I love that fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the quilts you have made out of this fabric! I checked each of your links. The place mats are really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow....Karen. They are all gorgeous and I love that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those place mats ... you've made some mighty beautiful things from that fabric. Hmmm, wonder what else you will make using the scraps you still have left.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are great placemats!! I just love sawtooth stars too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those placemats are so cute!Will you use them or gift them?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great placemats! Thanks for the idea..some mays made of project scraps might be in my future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are really pretty Karen. If they were at my house, I wouldn't let anyone near them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love YOUR new placemats ~ how cute!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete