QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Working On Witches

Fall project pictures have been popping up on blogs.  Makes a person think and realize that it is time to work on one if there is any hope of having it done by late September or early October.  If one is good, two is better, and three best.  Three witches in the works.


I am using a Sarah Sporer pattern.  Her suggested method of applique was to leave the edges raw and a hand running stitch close to the edge.  I did not want  the edges to ravel so I have used Heat 'n Bond Lite in a window frame method and will machine buttonhole stitch the edges.

I am heading back to the sewing room.  Those in the USA, enjoy your holiday weekend and take time to sew.
Karen

20 comments:

  1. Witches multiply rapidly at your house! Very cute witch pattern. Love the purple bloomers. What respectable witch would be without them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I LOVE THESE WITCHES !

    Your fabric is PERFECT!!
    What is the name of the pattern !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun fall project to work on this time of year. AND, you're making three! Such ambition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those will be great when done, they already are so cute. Makes me want to do one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute witches Karen and I love their attire

    ReplyDelete
  6. esas brujinas .....
    me gustan!!!
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute witches! Will you embroider a face on them? Like Janet I love the purple bloomers! They are a fantastic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and love them.Have fun playing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just what I expected..adorable so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are really cute, a fun one to do for Halloween. I have a bunch of different prints that work together, so thinking of doing a rag quilt so i have something fall but quick.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see them all done. You are so right about getting started now for Fall. Maybe tomorrow.......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww...those are such cute little witchypoos!



    ReplyDelete
  13. What ever happened to Sarah Sporrer? She is so talented, her patterns wonderful! I love what you are doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great reminder to get to those fall patterns. Your witches are fun and are witchie cutie pies. I like your method best for fusible appliqué.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your witches. They are great xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great witches Karen. Can't wait to see what they become. I've never heard of the window frame method you mentioned. I'll have to research that one.

    ReplyDelete