QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Friday, September 5, 2014

A Favorite Fall Quilt Book

Paulette from Sweet P Quilting and Creations said "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."  What she means is that she will post for seven days showing some of her quilt books which feature wonderful fall quilts.  She wants others to also share a book or two in their quilt library.  Challenge accepted.   I have selected a Jan Patek quilt book called "We Gather Together".

I think you know that I like prim style quilts.  My very favorite pattern in the book is "Pumpkins, Turkeys and Geese".  Here is my version.  You can see the full quilt shown here.  The quilt is about 68 inches by 70".  Mine is called "Pumpkins and Turkey Feathers".

How about this one?  "Happy Hollow" is the name and I have a gifted kit waiting on me to make it.
This one is called "Pumpkin Patch" and has several crows on it.

"Shoo Crow" has a scarecrow, cat and a crow.  Nice wall hanging size.
"We Gather Together" is the pattern for the quilt shown on the cover.  I like this one a lot.

And the last one I am sharing is "Give Thanks".  There are other projects in the book including a small hooked rug and some fall trees.


If this book inspires you, it is available from Pickle Dish or Amazon books or ask your local quilt shop to order it for you.  You could make one of the smaller quilts this year and a bigger one next year!

Karen

12 comments:

  1. Too funny! I got an email from my friend, Claire asking me if I was going to show THIS book...and I said I didn't have this one!! It is her favourite too! Yes, it is now on my wish list!! LOVE that first Turkey, Geese and Pumpkin Quilt!! LOVE IT!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...light bulb moment!! THAT quilt is on my TO DO LIST...but I don't have the book...Found the pattern in Quiltmania Magazine No. 61! So the light bulb is getting a little dimmer but it still goes on...and may flash a few times before things click!! haha
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. A book full of treasures for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of great reading and quilting. Sent my Quilt to Mary and can't wait to see it done. Hugs, MArie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Happy Hollow quilt! I'm betting you have a fantastic selection of quilt books to choose from.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the pumpkin paths and would be nice in more prim colors;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your "Pumpkins and Turkey Feathers" is just gorgeous! A perfect Fall quilt.
    I can see my book collection is weak in the area of seasonal quilts. Most of my books are scrap quilt themed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And why not order it directly from Jan Patek??? It is available in her online store!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that book!! It is a great one. Now I just need to make something from it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that book,so sweet.. Love fall too! Prim si my style also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an awesome book! Would love to be able to stitch all of those!

    ReplyDelete