QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Acorn Wreath

The "Acorn Wreath" wall hanging is put together but not quilted.  I got busy yesterday afternoon peeling papers off the remaining log cabin blocks. The logs finish at 1/4 inch in width, so peeling the paper off was not quick.   And I finished stitching down the wool shapes on the final block I needed.  I like fall colors and this piece is loaded with them.  The log cabin blocks were made from my scrap basket.

The pattern I used is from the book "Pumpkin Patch Threads" and is by Need'l Love.  I enlarged the applique design a bit to fill the space better as I did not want to embroider a leaf in each corner of the blocks.   The piece measures 22 inches by 22 inches.  I see the book is on sale at Needl Love website for $15.00 instead of $25.00 if you want to make one for yourself.

I have a project I am working on in the sewing room.  I am sure that is no surprise to you.  Back to my fun.
Karen

26 comments:

  1. You know how I love this. I am going pattern shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh...I have this book!! Lots of great designs...I am really drawn to Fall patterns! What's with that?
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those little log cabins! What a great project. You've been very busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Karen! Fall colors are my favorites and this just glows with them! Love the effect of the little log cabin borders.
    I can't believe how quickly you pulled out the papers!! I've removed them from log cabin blocks this size and I know it is no easy task. Do you have a secret method? : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute! Love the acorns.... very sweet for fall :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In love! I so love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is so wonderful and shouts fall. Those log cabin blocks are really the star. Your latest quilt is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING FALL QUILT !!! I APPLAUD YOU !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just an adorable quilt with those teensy log cabins! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great foundation piecing - the little log cabin blocks look wonderful around the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen; This wall hanging is so cute! I love the acorns and the tiny log cabin borders are quite amazing. Love it! -Derrith

    ReplyDelete
  13. precioso,precioso!!!!
    los bloque cabaña.......
    las bellotas me gustan
    todo me gusta
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is really a nice piece and love the little log cabins as a border, you did a beautiful job on it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another amazing piece Karen. I can't believe how tiny the blocks are...not sure I would have the patience like you.

    Can't wait to see what's next...

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's amazing. Those tiny blocks must have taken hours to make.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the pattern info, but I think I'll just sit back and admire yours. Quarter inch logs?!? Not in my lifetime. It is gorgeous, though. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. EEE GADS, but those are tiny log cabins! But I love them in this project...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun project! I love the little log cabins! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those mini log cabin blocks are fabulous. What size? They just make that project.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous! Of course, what's not to love ... tiny log cabin blocks, pieced border, and gorgeous applique!

    ReplyDelete