QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Folksy Christmas

Lori from Humble Quilts inspired me with her "Folksy Christmas" wool on cotton wall hanging that she made recently.  Click on the link and you can see her version.  I finished the wool applique on mine.  Very prim style piece.


Some of the wool I used was gifted to me by a dear friend.  The blue/green wool pieces is what inspired my fabric choices for this.  The background fabrics are Moda Blackbird Designs pieces that I had in stash.  They are a green/blue/grey (I don't know any other way to describe it).  Santa is standing beside a very folk art style tree.  The pattern was designed by Cheri Payne and is available here.  I don't know how I will quilt this.  Have to think about it.

Karen

16 comments:

  1. Loving your "Old World" Santa----really adorable..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I really love the background fabrics on this! Have fun quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it interesting how one piece of wool or fabric can inspire the rest of the piece. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Love the grayish background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, really fun pattern and the background fabric is perfect. I need to go through my patterns and decide which ones I will make this year.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This folksy Santa speaks to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this block. Santa looks very happy with those blues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fabric and wool choices.
    It is always interesting to see more than one interpretation of the same pattern. Love the personal flavor each one has. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute Santa! I really like the wool applique on the lighter background. I think it's fun and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are really finishing so many projects! All amazing, of course and this one is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful folksy finish....love it!

    ReplyDelete