QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Friday, September 12, 2014

Sweet Escape

A new line of fabric coming soon from P&B Textiles called "Sweet Escape".  The greens, white, cream, and black prints have a very fresh look.  Flowers of different sizes, feathers, and a stripe.  They remind me of a spring meadow.
There are ten fabrics in the line.  I was given fat quarters to create a small quilt with.  I love basket designs and decided to give that a try.  I wanted the baskets large enough that I could use one of the  floral prints in the block and still be recognizable that they were flowers.  I chose the Cake Stand basket pattern in a 7 1/2 inch size using the black and grey print for the basket and a green for the handles.  There is a  print that is a soft yellow that was good for the block background pieces.  I used the off-white with the green print for inside the baskets.


There was enough of the feather print to use for the setting triangles.  The large floral was used for the square in the center. The black background print with green and soft yellow flowers was used for the border.  I used the large floral that is in the center of the quilt for the border corner stones.  The stripe was cut on the bias so that the stripes would be on an angle and was used for the binding.  I breathed a sigh of relief when I knew that I could get everything out of the 10 fat quarters including the backing.

You can see the line of fabric on the P&B Textiles website here and maybe dream a bit about what you might make with them.

Karen

16 comments:

  1. Lovely fabric and such a beautiful use of it with your baskets and framing. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did a beautiful job with using the fabric in a quilt, love how you fussy cut to bring in the design around the baskets.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These fabrics seem to be a bit outside your usual comfort zone, but you did a beautiful job with them! Your placement of each fabric to maximize the effect seems spot on. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your basket quilt is perfect for this fresh new line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice line. I like the blue with green
    cute cake stand quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me gustan las cestas y ademas son verdes......
    precioso!!!!!
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely quilt. You really "hit the nail on the head" with your selection and placement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely fabric and a really beautiful interpretation of it in your quilt. I love the feathers and the roses (ya think??) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. You chose the perfect pattern to showcase the fabrics! I love basket blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a total success. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is beautiful. I'm off now to look at the rest of the range.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job to showcase those beautiful fabrics. Love the little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You chose a simple design to showcase those larger prints. Baskets are always make a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You created a nice piece! I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a FANTASTIC job on this - perfect for the fabric, you showcased them really well!!! LOVE this quilt!

    ReplyDelete