QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Vacancy

I changed my header to the Sarah Sporer design "Vacancy".  I have had people ask about her designs.  I have done a search on the internet and do not find any information about any thing new she might have done.  Indygo Junction still sells some of her patterns but the ones I have been doing are no longer available that I can find.
I did all these monthly designs as Sarah suggested using raw edge applique.  It was fun and quick doing them that way but I don't think I will use the method after the 12 wall quilts are done.

Remember the small log cabin blocks I was making?  You can read about them here.  The blocks are made but I am still peeling the paper off the backs.  And I still have one wool applique block to do.  But I was anxious to see how things would go together.  Here is what I have thus far.

I will work on the project today.  I hope you have something fun planned.
Karen

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a cute fall project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the fall piece! I cannot remember...your pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Sarah block :-)
    And the log cabin project seems a perfect pastime for this time of year. I'm finally working on my snowman row quilt by Norma Whaley. I'm enjoying the fondling of all my plaids :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable little log cabin blocks--and they are just perfect with the wool applique...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT ! This is going to be a Wonderful Fall quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that one, a fun piece for fall.
    I need to get myself going, having Bill home messes up my sewing time, lol. Dentist today and then paddling all week, have to take advantage of a summer week;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great new header, Karen. : )
    You must know, I'm sure, that I absolutely love those little log cabins framing those woolly Fall blocks! Doesn't get much better than that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet header block! Loving the Fall project!! Ready for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I LIKE! Not the peeling paper part though...Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love your mini log cabins! Is that pattern from the Needl Love pumpkin book? Looks great and love the new header

    ReplyDelete
  11. El edredón de cabecera precioso!!
    las bellotas de otoño una delicia
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am making little brown blocks too! Love them....your idea, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vacancy is adorable.

    I love the way you are using the tiny log cabin blocks...it is coming right along.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, those acorn blocks with those log cabin blocks as sashing are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice for fall. I like all the detail. Small log cabin blocks, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The new piece is looking good...the little log cabin blocks are perfect for the setting...

    I have a set of those patterns somewhere around here...had them for sale once on ebay with no takers...

    ReplyDelete