QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Monday, October 20, 2014

A Primitive House

I finished the stitching on a wool piece made from a pattern called "A Primitive House".  The design is by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings.


The picture is meant to be framed so you would not see the black around the edge.  I am going to look for a frame at the thrift stores.  One that I can paint and distress a bit.  The chimney is meant to be on the framing strips.  There is supposed to be a gap between the framing and the top of the rest of the roof.   I misunderstood the directions.  I was to apply fusible to the back of the wool pieces for the frame and cut them to one inch wide which I did.  Then it said to cut them 3/4" inch wide.  Why you would do that after cutting them one inch wide, I don't know.  I did the one inch and followed the directions for placement and fused.  When I went to do the layout and trace the words to the background, things did not fit quite right.  I was lacking 1/2" inside.  I was able to squish the words a bit and have the roof come closer to the frame in order to get all inside.  If you have this pattern, be sure to make note that the framing strips are to be 3/4" wide in the end and not the 1" I did.

I am about to head out looking for a frame.  Enjoy your day.
Karen

18 comments:

  1. Love your house just the way you made it and with the addition of a frame it will be perfect! I really like all the pieces in the wool frame and the logs of the house. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super adorable! Seems silly to cut it 1" then trim it down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great design (once you figure it out). Great wool for the house.
    This makes me smile! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you didn't tell us what was wrong it certainly would not be apparent. I recently had a similar experience which is my fault for not reading the instructions five times. My appliqued strips were finished...then you cut off one and half inches from sides...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. se ve una gran casa!!!!
    creo que 1" esta muy bien
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy hunting in the thrift stores. You house is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck finding your frame! This little piece is fabulous! Love the simple theme and the lovely words.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ….LOL….sounds like I was reading a story about myself and a few projects I have done.

    After alllll that, it is quite lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks terrific! Hope you are able to find just the perfect frame for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree.... I always find it confusing when they trim down! I have made that mistake with other wool patterns.... never made it again... I always look ahead to the finished size.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how it came out and I know that feeling, have mismeasured many a piece. I have lots of frames but I always seems o make things the wrong size to fit any of them, so I need to make things to fit them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. You get so much done! Good luck looking for the frame! I love thrifting too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry you had some trouble, but the end result is really darling - it'll look wonderful in a frame!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Those fabrics are beautiful. It will be even more wonderful framed. Hope the shopping trip is successful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't you hate it when that happens!! Regardless, you have a wonderful finish and with the new distressed frame it will be perfect!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen, pues despues de luchar mucho con el, te ha quedado precioso.
    Un beso.

    ReplyDelete