QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Two Quick Wall Hangings

I made two wall hangings from an older Christmas project  book by Cheri Saffiote Payne called "Two Hour Quilted Christmas Projects".  Both projects took me longer than two hours to complete.  I hand quilted both with a big stitch and that took some time.

The first wall hanging is "Oh Holy Night".  I used Heat 'n Bond Lite and a machine stitch for the applique technique.


The second is a Raggedy Angel.  This is also a fused project.


Here is a picture of the book.  The project directions are minimal so you have to figure out things on your own.  There are a lot of designs suitable for ornaments and other small projects.  I looked on Amazon and you can order used copies for as little as one penny plus shipping costs.

I am working on more small projects so stay tuned for more pictures.
Karen

22 comments:

  1. Karen, A friend gave me that book years ago. It's wonderful! Cheri's patterns are timeless. Love your projects! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such lovely projects Karen. I am about to begin my first wool project-; need to trace patterns and cut out pieces. do you ever applique wool on cottons? I have some neutral low volume strippy blocks that I was going to sew together to use as a background. thanks, Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little projects. Love the Holy Night one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw these projects on Pinterest and knew they had to be yours. I have that book too. Maybe I should pull it out and take a look. Love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like both of these wall hangings. I will head over to Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both, but especially the angel. Thanks for the book info - you knew we'd ask, didn't you??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Christmas projects. More like two month projects for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Muy guapos!!!
    me gustan estos pequeños tapices,
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW! a penny can't beat that deal! it was hard to really come up with quilts in under two hours....did my best! how fun to look back and remember those oldie but goodies! thanks....Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both beautiful quilts. 'Will definitely visit Amazon to see the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Christmas quilts !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Especially love the first one. You are ahead of the game for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You get so much done! I am jealous. Love the big stitch quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute, cute projects! I have a yd. or so of the border fabric you used for O Holy Night... I thought I would use it in patriotic projects, but I sure like how it looks on this Christmas mini!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love her older books, they are fun to use for ideas and using the different designs. I like how yours came out.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are great Karen! Love the prim. look.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. good for you getting a jump on Christmas - these are wonderful - very cute and very prim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute projects. I especially like Oh Holy Night.

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute! Christmas will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are really cute!!! I used to have that book - does it have a Noel pillow in it? If it does, I made it, lol. I wonder if I still have it - I'll have to look!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your primitive applique projects, Karen!!! I ordered the book because of you!
    ,
    Thanks for the show and tell.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete