QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching

I am going to be doing some slow stitching today so I am linking with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.
I have finished a small table topper called "Snowman Garland".  Mary from Quilt Hollow gifted me the pattern which also comes with the snowman head buttons.  The pattern is by Red Button Quilt Company.  The pattern also had a loose red button in with it.  I am assuming the designer adds those in since it fits the name of her design company.  Cute idea.
The snowman heads add a whimsical look to the garland.  This measures about 16 inches square.  Easy to piece once the embroidery is done.  I did not follow the pattern instructions to piece the top and then do the embroidery.  Instead, I sectioned off the amount of space each garland strip required using a Frixion pen.  I allowed for extra space between the sections so that any shrinking of the sections with the embroidery done would still allow me ample seam allowance.  Once the embroidery was done, I cut out the strips and then pieced the top.

Next, I will be working on a snowman ornament.  The stitchery design is by The Talking Crow.  The designer's patterns are found on Etsy.  There are many to select from.
I plan on doing the nose, moon, and star with fused fabric.  Embroidery for the rest.

Enjoy your Sunday.
Karen

28 comments:

  1. Cute topper! Got to get these projects done before the season to use them! Happy stitching day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snowman garland to too cute! And I suppose you finished it in about a day? So glad you share all your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all that scrappy red! Snowman season is coming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this Snowman quilt on Mary's blog and it was love at first site :-D

    What a lovely gift !

    Looking forward to seeing you Snowman ornament when you are done

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet topper!! Love the buttons! Don't you just love this time of year...everyone seems to be busy making things for loved one!! can't wait to see your ornament!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are seriously fast! You know I love it'

    ReplyDelete
  7. THat is a fun piece and will be fun for Christmas.
    I need to get in my sewing room and prep some pieces, time to do some sewing.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me want to drop what I am doing and do something Christmas-y : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that little quilt--those snowman buttons are too fun! You whipped it up quickly!
    That is a sweet ornament pattern. You find the best designs, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute table topper. The snowmen heads in the garland are adorable.

    I look forward to seeing the ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those little heads are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that little topper - what a sweet garland!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love it! ANd the buttons really are a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your topper, and all those red fabrics look so lovely and cheerful - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two great projects. I love the red topper as it looks lovely and warm despite the snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. One of my favorite patterns by the Red Button Co. I like your version.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the snowman garland on that adorable table topper. And I love, love, love that little ornament ... so much so that it's time to go check out the patterns on Etsy. Thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both are darling designs! And so tempting. I love Christmas decorations and will probably make a few, in fact, I have one started. I usually keep my decorations up for at least 1 1/2 months because it seems like a waste to just have them up a short time - especially after all the effort of making them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fun table topper to cheer the holidays.and even on into the winter months. Nice stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Slow stitch" on your blog is an oxymoron! lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore snowmen. Can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saw those buttons on Mary's blog. They are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whaaaa?! It's snowman season already? I'm not ready for it, but you certainly are!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the Snowmen Garland. Too cute.
    Can't wait to see the ornament. I am amazed at how much you get done. Thank you for the inspiration and for keeping your blog interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  25. que guapo tapete!!!
    no puedo pensar que sea costura lenta para ti
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  26. Que bonito Karen, nos ha encantado.
    Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the embroidered border - you're right - the snowmen add a lot of whimsy! Your flags quilt is coming along great too! I am an advocate of slow quilting; just fun to enjoy the process and not worry about getting a million quilts done.

    ReplyDelete