QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Antique Ducks Design

Debbie from Woolen Sails has a new punch needle design called "Antique Ducks".    It is a downloadable design and a very reasonable $3.00 charge for it.  I kept the design the same size but made it into a wool applique pin cushion.  I can picture it enlarged and used for a quilt block too.  The pin cushion is stuffed with crushed walnut shells.  The shell pieces give it weight so it won't slide around easily.


I used a brushed cotton plaid for the backing.


I think it would be an easy design to do punch needle style.  I borrowed Debbie's picture of the piece she made.  


Join me in some stitching this evening.  I will be doing some embroidered words on a small quilt I am making.
Karen

24 comments:

  1. I really love how that came out, you have a good sense of color with your pieces.
    I am thinking it would be pretty with the star design in the middle and ducks on the end for a runner.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty design. I like how you converted it to wool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. M'agrada el disseny tant amb aplicació com amb punxó.
    Bona setmana !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. M'agrada el disseny tant amb aplicació com amb punxó.
    Bona setmana !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think most applique patterns can be converted to punch needle and vice versa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Learning wool applique is on my agenda to learn--got any tips to share

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both versions of the design. They both look so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable petit coussin ,je n'ai jamais cousu la laine bouilli !
    C'est le premier coussinet qui me plaît beaucoup.
    Amicalement

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute design and I love how you made it into a pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute pincushion. How clever to change the pattern to suit yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both pieces are lovely. Fun to see in different mediums.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Like how you used the pattern for wool. I am going to try to get more into wool...no needle turning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just came from Debbie's blog. great idea to do it in wool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love the way you made this into a wool project. Very creative. Can't wait to see your next blog. You are starting the new year with a stitching frenzy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is very cute,karen,have a nice week,susi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debbie's design is nice in wool too as evident here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a terrific pin cushion. I too like how you converted the punch needle design into wool applique!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My handwork has been wool applique this week. Love your little ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Karen for entering my fabric giveaway!

    Good luck, and spread the word to have an extra chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is a really darling design! I love it both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful woo lens. The design transitions nicely to wool applique.

    ReplyDelete