QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Friday, January 2, 2015

Easter Mat

I go from finishing Christmas projects to making a wool Easter mat.  I used the same pumpkin seed pattern I shared with you here and used it as a border around an Easter rabbit stitchery design that was free on Bird In the Hand Primitives.  Thank you, Robin.


I enlarged the pattern to fit a 8 1/2" by 11" sheet of computer paper.  The seeds were already made.  I placed the pattern sheet on the white wool background and then began placing the seeds around a short and adjoining long side of the paper to get an idea of how much space to leave in the middle.  I traced around the paper with a Frixion pen and then took the paper pattern away while I got all the seeds placed and fused on.  Then I placed the rabbit leaving room for the alphabet letters.  The piece was then ready for stitching.  I did the lettering with embroidery floss and then added backing.

I am ready for spring!
Karen

30 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love how you keep up with the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable! I love the way the seeds frame the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling spring quilt! I love your framing border!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a wonderful Easter mat, nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I am ready for spring too! I hate winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen,
    you got an early start. Looks wonderful, cute little bunny with the pumpkin seeds around it.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute - and nothing like being an optimist getting ready for Spring already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really came out cute, very fun pattern.
    I need to get organized and get going on my projects.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet! Love that rabbit :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So clever--what a fresh little piece for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smart woman.....when I am barely out of Christmas mode, you will have nice, fresh Spring finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, this is absolutely perfect for spring! Love it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Easter bunny is super cute. You're right to finish it now. Maybe I should look ahead and find a spring project to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Genius!!! I love your Easter mat. Handsome bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowza!! did you ever get an early start! Great job!

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm ready for spring too! What a fun mat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this piece! Great idea to add the pumpkin seed edge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your version of this pattern is wonderful. Love the added border and wool applique in the rabbit. I'm working on hearts at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A cheerful one! Perfect for Springtime! (Come on wam weather).

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute....Hippidy Hoppidy Easter's on it's way....:))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darling! Love everything special touch you added.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year. Your bunny is so cute. Love the new header but I miss your 12 Days of Christmas. As always, enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. happy new year - we just had our first snow of the year, but spring will be here before we know it.
    Love the alphabet with the bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful. Wish I could be that organized. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy New Year Karen! A very sweet bunny. I really like the pumpkin seed border. I am so ready for Spring, but we have 4 more months of Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your Easter Mat turned out Darling!
    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete