QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Little of What I Am Working On

I have several projects in the works.  I will share some pictures of four of them.

First is from 1851 Coverlet Memories pattern.  I cut out the applique shapes last summer and intended to work on the applique on vacation.  I discovered that I needed more room to spread out to line up the pieces on the background.  I had a glue stick with me but it was not holding the shapes to the background well enough.  The applique pins I was using kept stabbing me as I tried to maneuver the background in my hands to reach the shape I was working on.  I did some basting to hold shapes in place.  Then the lighting was not good enough so I gave up and moved onto another project.  I am finally getting back to the quilt.  I basted more shapes on but there are more to add above the top row you see now.  I decided to finish the applique on what is already attached with basting stitches before adding any more.  The pattern I am using is from Temecula Quilt Co.


The next piece is ready for hand quilting.  It is a free design from Jeni at the Willow.  I think it was something I received when I renewed my subscription.  I was inspired by Audrey from Quilty Folks when she was adding pink to her log cabin blocks.

Next is two blocks out of four that are part of a Cheri pattern called "Live Simply"  The blocks stitch up fast.

The last project I am sharing today are the twelve blocks from a Primitive Gatherings design.  I need to add sashing and then an applique border.  I have not prepared the wool applique parts for the border.

This is not all that I am working on but some that I had not shared in the past.  I am having trouble keeping track of everything.  I am finding pieces and parts when cleaning up and wondering what they go to.  Slowly figuring it out.

Karen

29 comments:

  1. Oh my....gorgeous pieces!! Just wonderful, Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great things going on at your house. I can see why it is hard to keep track of all the pieces. I love what your doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Karen that’s a lot of projects and they are all just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first project looks so ambitious. That is a lot of applique! I am curious to see how it finishes--pieced borders, or applique borders, or no borders at all? It will be amazing (already is, really).
    If you have all of these projects going, plus more, I don't know how you keep everything straight, but I love them all. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get my simply piece, quilted. I have it all ready, just trying to move today is an effort, lol. I also have the pattern for the temecula pattern, can't wait to see how yours comes out.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your applique is so inspiring to me. Just love your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wonderful to see what projects you are wiring on. You do amazing handwork :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen that first quilt before and loved it - your version is looking great - I can totally understand the difficulty of getting a good hold of the center fabric to stitch the applique down and that basting would be the best solution - sure seems like double the work though, huh? Lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic projects. I love the blocks from PG.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All great projects! I have that Temecula pattern and I suspected the laying out would be a challenge. I also like the pink with the log cabin. Your posts always make me want to head to my stash and start something new.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grandes y preciosos proyectos !!!
    todos me gustan......
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I have been wanting to a quilt like this with animals shapes all over it! You have used all the excuses I have for not getting something done. LOL I can't wait to see this one finished

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I have been wanting to a quilt like this with animals shapes all over it! You have used all the excuses I have for not getting something done. LOL I can't wait to see this one finished

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pieces are lovely Karen! I love your applique! I'm glad I'm not alone with so many projects going at the same time! xoE

    ReplyDelete
  15. You need a case of gallon zip lock bags! They are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. so many great project in various stages! the log cabin prim piece is very cute. I like the first one too - I had quite a tussle with Temecula as they used my private designs, but I'm happy to see them in your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, LOVE that pink log cabin with applique! Perfect combination with the brown.:) That first project with applique looks great too. Makes me think it's time to get mine out and get started. I've been a little slow about that project.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great projects, but I really love the coverlet one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I honestly don't know how you do it. I love all of these - but my room is so very small there is no way I'd be able to keep track of everything, lol!!! I do have some projects in large, clear plastic bags, but they get buried and I don't remember them. Maybe I should do some more cleaning.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. You certainly have a lot of fun projects started. I have the Temeculs pattern, but haven't started it yet. You've inspired me to dig through my sewing room to find the pattern-- love yours so far!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ouch! Stabbing yourself while trying to applique is no fun! I really like what you have stitched/basted so far :0)

    ReplyDelete
  22. dear karen,i love that coverlet,it is looking great already,susi

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Karen,
    you have shown so many beuatiful projects, designs, layouts, fabric combinations.
    Lovely work, you are so talented.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  24. What fun projects Karen! I can see where the top one would be difficult to applique with pins.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous works, you have a lot of wonderful projects on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  26. always enjoy seeing your works in progress.....anxious to see your creative take on Common Threads!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Do live someone who works on multiples. I just can't help myself. There are so many things I want to do. I especially love the Lig Cabin. I, too, have the little PG blocks done and awaiting a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My, but you've been a busy girl. Love it all, but especially the pink/brown Log Cabin with applique!

    ReplyDelete