QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Friday, February 6, 2015

Two Cheri Designs

I am working on two different pattern designs by Cheri.  The first is "Live Simply".  I have the top completed.  A nice size wall hanging.  I just recently purchased the border stripe.  It is a Jo Morton fabric.  Worked well for this piece though I had no idea what I would use it for when I made the purchase.


Next, I made the first four blocks for "Common Threads".  The quilt is divided into eight patterns.  I just ordered the last one a few days ago.  There will be sashing between all the blocks in the final setting.  Each pattern for the main body of the quilt has four pieced blocks and one applique block.  This is the first time I have added a chain stitch around shapes in a pattern as I did around the leaf centers.  The pattern is prim in style.  Thus the sort of flying geese blocks that are different angles.


Cathy from Big Lake Quilter blog is also making the same quilt.  You can see her first set of blocks here.

What shall I work on today?  Too many choices.
Karen

21 comments:

  1. dear karen,both projects are very nice,thanks for your nice comment about my little book of quilts,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving them.... catywampus and all!
    p.s. a little note to the wise, on the red cross block with my math block unfinished block is 13" and, of course, I just cut off excess but if you need points just sew your seams about a hair larger than 1/4"......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are wonderful! The second is my favorite though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Primitive look and both are wonderful. The second with the blocks is going to be grande!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me gustan los trabajos!!!
    los gansos volando ¡¡genial!
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me gusta el resultado country total que te esta quedando. Pionero, pionero ;)ç

    Saludos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both lovely in their own right but the second one is a real eye catching design.
    Love your work and whatever you chose next is bound to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your piece came out beautifully. I finished mine last night and have photos for tonight, hard to get good ones since it isn't hanging yet. Always love your appliqué work.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both sets--Common threads will be gorgeous..neat colors--and hopped over to Big Lake--hers are nice, too...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice patterns, love the designs and just looked up the webpage. Very much fun stuff, have fun playing with it.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it nice to have options?
    The stripe looks great as the border on Cheri's pattern. Really like that quilt.
    Nice wonky flying geese. Great "prim" effect. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! I love them both. Always such a pleasure to come see your latest projects. The applique style you are drawn too is so fun to see.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Live Simply is a very sweet little quilt - I do love the border stripe, good job! The blocks for the second are really nice, I'm really drawn to the wonky flying geese, I could do those! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of your prim quilts are such great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful Karen! I love her new quilt too. You did a great job on both of them. That border is great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute projects--love those wonky flying geese--so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love heart pieces this time of the year.... Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't get enough of Cheri's designs. I love the fee hand look of them Your projects are wonderful, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All great blocks. I particularly like the black birds on the tree. I've seen that sample done up in the Vista quilt shop. So fun! Nice to see yours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the hearts, perfect for now! I always enjoy reading your interesting posts. I am still trying to get back to it all,soon I hope. Many blessings and hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Live Simply turned out great - love the house and the girl.
    You always have so many great things going!

    ReplyDelete