QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

1850 Album Quilt Project and Local Quilt Shop

I have started prepping quilt blocks for a new quilt project.  I recently found a Laurene Sinema pattern for her "1850 Album Quilt".   I did a search and cannot find the pattern for sale anywhere at this time.  It used to be available through Pattern Peddlers but I do not find it there now. I was able to purchase mine through an E-Bay seller that had several of Laurene's patterns.   I am using reds and greens in reproduction style fabrics.


I made a trip to one of the local quilt shops today and finally remembered to take my camera along.  The shop is The Quilt Place and is in Rockledge, Florida.  Quite a large size shop and loaded with fabric but not a lot of the style I like.  There are quilts hanging from the ceiling all over the shop.  Some are for sale.  I assume that they are the ones the shop no longer stocks the pattern for.  Others are just for inspiration.  This is a long building and you are only seeing the front and a bit of the side.  The shop outgrew this large space and now has a second small size shop nearby that has the clearance fabrics.












And this is where I have been purchasing the solid color fabrics for the Ohio quilt.


Tomorrow will be an update on the Ohio quilt project.  Stop by for a visit if you have the time.
Karen


18 comments:

  1. I love The Quilt Place! Since moving back to Texas recently I've really missed driving up there from Fort Pierce. Do they still have the sale store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a driven quilter woman! What a great pattern. Nice quilt store too. I like stores that have lots of samples. Time to get busy on my eagle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Laurene's patterns from long ago. I visited her shop once in Arizona. It will be a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be a beautiful quilt. I go to regular stores for backings and edging, worth it when I can use a coupon and get it at half price.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful shop! So much inspiration! Looking forward to see the red and green as it progresses. What's not to love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Album quilt is going to be beautiful! I have an book of Laurene's - full of inspiring patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's my shop...once a month! It is huge but, like you, it doesn't carry a lot of what I'm looking for. Which is really surprising since it is 8,000 square feet and tons and tons and tons of fabric. I'm surprised you finally got some pictures. When I asked last time, they were very hesitant so I just put the camera away.

    I'll be back tomorrow for your update on the Ohio Quilt project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! Lots of eye candy in that shop! loved it! Also like your new project and your new Header Mat! You have been busy!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy what a treasure trove of fabric! I get most of mine online as we have only JoAnne's and one very small shop nearby...of course this year i am on a fabric diet--so far so good....That will be a beautiful album i think Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new Easter header!
    You've chosen another beautiful applique quilt to receive your attention and efforts. Can't believe all you get made!
    That is a huge shop. Too bad it doesn't carry more of what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love red and green quilts. Glad you found the fabric you wanted. Some shops just have too much and the eye can't see what it is looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an incredible quilt shop~! wow love the solids. What brand do you use?
    your header looks great - happy spring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I gotta go to that shop! WOW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a great shop. I like your new project .

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll definitely stop by, but it may not be tomorrow. ;-) I'm off to retreat in a couple of hours.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, I have shop envy, lol.....what a great place!

    ReplyDelete