QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Common Threads Blocks Five Through Eight

I made four more blocks for the "Common Threads" quilt designed by Cheri.  The blocks are 12 inches square.  The pieced blocks take a good bit of cutting fabrics and piecing as there are lots of parts to each.  I am using reproduction fabrics.  You can see all the different blocks used for the quilt on Cheri's site and also what the quilt will look like in the end.  Go here.



I changed one of the flowers out on the applique block.  The lower right one.  Here is what I had to start with.


The print of the fabric bothered me.  Too busy of a look with the other flower fabrics in my opinion.  I am happy that I took the time to stitch a new flower on.

Karen

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are beautiful!
    -Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful blocks and they look beautiful together, perfect fabric choices.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good eye, it does look better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous - but oh my gosh all those pieces!!!! You get them so perfect. Are those Civil War repro's?

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful blocks, and you were right changing the fabric of the flower,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Preciosos bloques !!!
    me gustan las telas que has elegido
    buena semana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blocks! Looks like a lot of piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like so much fun to work on! I think you were right to replace the flower--the new one shows up a bit better. I love the little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blocks. I like the new flower too. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a wonderful sampler quilt. Your blocks look really good, and that new flower is easier on the eye.
    This is more piecing than you have done in a while, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete