QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Monday, March 16, 2015

Common Threads Update

Two things to share with you today.  First is the next four blocks for the Common Threads quilt.  Three pieced blocks and one applique.  A total of twelve blocks done.  Most of the pieced blocks have taken a chunk of time to select fabrics from stash, cut and sew.  Many pieces.


Next, I want to share something silly with you.  Previously, I shared the wool sheep that I had been making a blanket for each month of the year.  I finished through July.  I displayed the January blanket with the cabin and trees on it during January.  Then I could not find the others that I had made.  I looked in the logical places that I might have stored them.  I looked and I looked.  I would forget about it for a week or so and then look again.  February came and went.  March started.  Still no sight of the missing sheep blankets.  Here is a picture of the sheep in its display area.  Please note the table leg to the right.  Now look at the items on the shelf on the bottom of that table in the next picture.
Please note the stack of wool blankets.  About 18 or 20 inches away from the sheep!  I walk by the sheep and that table many times every day.  I even opened a drawer in the table looking for the missing blankets but never looked below.  How clever of me to store them so close to the sheep that they are intended to be displayed on.  So clever, I could not see them unless I bent over.  Please note, I still have note changed from January to March though I do have a picture of the March blanket in my header.  I think I will go change it right now!

Karen


24 comments:

  1. That is funny. Love your blocks. Glad you finally found the sheep blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat to have a different blanket for each month. Glad you found them. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. que suerte que no estaban lejos!!!
    aveces hacemos las cosas tan fácil,
    que luego sucede que no las encontramos,
    ahora ya puedes hacer los cambios de mes
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love seeing what you've been up to. Your story makes me smile. We've all done something similar. But you're brave enough to admit it. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blocks are beautiful and hopefully I will get time to make some quilts soon. I need to make some for birthdays that are coming up, so will work on those first. I think I have the pattern for that sheep, I know I have some just like it in books, somewhere;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, that us so funny abd I am thinking that sort of thing has happened to all if us. I have made the sheep and blankets, so loved working on that project over here in New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your Common Threads blocks but those little log cabins are amazing!

    I misplace things quite frequently because I either put them away or store them in a logical place! Glad you found the blankets before the first quarter of 2015 ends :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's kinda like when I'm looking for my glasses everywhere....that are on top of my head! loving your Common Thread blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have done the same thing so much that I've learned to not completely freak out when I lose something (well, I TRY not freak out ) . I'm more confident I'll see it soon as it's usually right in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. Too funny! Glad you found your little wool blankets! Your Common Threads is looking fabulous. Love all that scrappiness.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So funny! But the bright side is you will never ever forget again where they are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen that is too funny. As the saying goes, if it had been a snake it would have bitten you. I hate when I put something up where I know I will find it, ha, ha. It never works. Love your new blocks. There were a lot of pieces. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I find it is always best to hide things in plain view. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So funny, and so familiar. Ask me where my Clover needles were! Love your blocks and the sheep is a dapper dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, That sounds like a trick I would do, Karen!
    Love your sampler blocks and it does look like a lot of pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great story, Karen! So human--we can all relate, I'm sure.
    The March blanket makes a very nice, new header.
    The Common Threads pieced blocks do look like they would take a chunk of time, but I love the results!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So funny, I just love it. Sure makes me feel a lot better about myself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I sure love all your sheep blankets - and I'm glad that he/she will never get cold! Too funny about finding them hiding in plain site! Cheri's quilt patterns are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think we have all overlooked what we were looking for. Bet you felt silly. As I read I thought uh-oh she needs them back. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the chuckle--I can totally relate! I once tore apart my entire sewing room looking for a book when it was hiding in plain sight on a book stand on my cutting table. I think I even moved it to look behind it during the search--doh!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How great to know that other people are as "organized" as me!! That's something I would do. Glad you found them, they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Karen,
    wonderful story, I have been there too, good to know I am not the only one.
    Your finished Blocks look great.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your Common Threads blocks! And yes, I've "lost" whole quilts in my house, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  24. VERY funny! I do things like that too :0) Your common threads blocks are lovely - deliciously scrappy!

    ReplyDelete