QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Monday, March 2, 2015

Flags of the American Revolution Wrap Up

"Flags of the American Revolution" quilt top is done.  I need someone with a wider arm stretch or two people to hold it up for a photo but had to make do.


To refresh your memory, the quilt is from a book by Jan Patek and Edie McGinnis.  I have been participating in a sew-along with some other quilters and Lori from Humble Quilts was the organizer.  Pay her blog a visit to see the progress the other participants made this past month.  I am glad I participated as I don't know that I would have ever taken time to make the quilt otherwise even though I had the book.

I am working on an applique block for a sort of neglected block of the month and will be back soon to share it with you.

Karen

28 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job on your quilt, it is a really nice pattern, but I can't imagine doing all the stars and small pieces.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt came out beautifully! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good, Karen. I have loved seeing these quilts come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, wish I had the time to have joined in, but just couldn't squeeze it in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Karen,
    looks terrific, wonderful finish, congratulations, was a fun project to paly with. I would have never finished if it would't have been for Lori pushing us.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one! It's great to see the subtle differences of all of them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Karen. That is a beautiful quilt. You did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colors are so perfect for this quilt! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finish Karen, I enjoyed sewing along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it Karen! You were so good at staying current too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful quilt. Your fabric choices are spot on! It is just a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilt--a lot of fancy block work in this one!! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  13. You e outdone yourself. This is a very striking quilt. So many reasons to love it....PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt looks fantastic! I like your signature block :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That looks great. That's a huge quilt for you. It's fun to do a project with friends near or far.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pues te ha quedado espectacular. Nos ha gustado mucho
    Un beso

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad you made it and shared it with us. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! After seeing all the awesome finishes, I've moved my book to the top of the pile!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm with you - I'm not sure I ever would have finished that top had it not been for the quilt-along. It really kept me interested. Yours is so nice - how are you going to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karen - what a wonderful finish! I love your block colors all together! Can't wait to see your backing fabric and how you decide to quilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That - is - AMAZING. SO in love with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG Karen !

    This quilt is AMAZING !!
    As always you did a great job making this beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your "Flags of the American Revolution" quilt top really looks great! It is amazing how much one can accomplished with other quilters for inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful finish!! love your fabrics

    ReplyDelete