QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Ohio Collection Quilt Update

More blocks done for the Ohio Collection quilt I am making.  Two pieced blocks in the same colors as previously used.


Two pieced blocks where I have introduced navy.  I noted that the antique quilt I am pulling my colors from has two blocks with a navy background.  I want to have a bit of navy in my quilt too.

Two more applique blocks.  The Peony and the Carnation blocks.  The peony block was not the easiest to make.


Next a photo of all of the blocks I have made thus far.  This is not how they will be laid out in the quilt.


I spent time with graph paper figuring the layout and spacers that are needed as the book does not give that information.  I also added four more solid fabrics from the local quilt shop to my working stash.

Lori is also working on the same quilt and plans to post her blocks today. Lori is using Civil War style fabrics for her quilt. Be sure to visit her blog.

We have three more quilters joining in on making the quilt.  It will be interesting to see what fabrics they use and what blocks they make.

Karen

22 comments:

  1. I rarely use solids and I have never seen them look so good! Love these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! That peony was a bugger. I was doing good until the bottom triangle needed to be added. I did a lot of scrunching with my iron and appliqued over that center part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks Karen. Are you going to use all solids?

    ReplyDelete
  4. preciosos bloques!!!
    la peonia esta muy guapa
    yo nunca utilizo telas lisas y me gusta como se ven en tus bloques
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blocks look beautiful together, great color choices.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea you used solids to make your blocks !! Fantastic !! :)
    I go visiting Lori now !! ^^
    Have a nice day !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are coming along nicely. I love the flowers and the baskets. I'll head over to Lori's next. I don't think I have visited her before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty blocks. I love the colors you are choosing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just came from Lori's blog--I love seeing the different look each of your blocks have based on your fabric choices. I like the contrast you have added with the two blocks in dark backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really love this one and your choice of colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

  12. i think your blocks are lovely all together--have to love that scrappy look when they all are together. hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great blocks. I especially love the floweers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. More wonderful blocks. Really like the navy and red one along with the cheddar and red. Going to be a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My book arrived but I'm still debating fabrics. I think I want to go all red and white with touches of either green or tan. Not sure...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sound like an old record here. Always impressed with all that you accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blocks continue to interpret the original quilt. I love the colors. The navy will add some depth along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The red and cheddar blocks are my favorites! Love to see so many neat blocks done in solids!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your blocks are looking gorgeous laid out together! I love your color choices.
    So nice to see solids used like this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm really loving the use of solids on this - and the colours you have chosen are great together! can't get over how much I like the use of just solids - thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the chedder in your blocks, Karen, I have that book, but you are right the spacing is kinda hard to figure out., Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete