QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Thursday, April 30, 2015

1851 Coverlet Update

I haven't spent much time on the applique shapes lately for this 1851 Coverlet design but did do two more of them last evening.  I have a tiger and an elephant left to stitch on the bottom row.  Then I have shapes cut out to add above the top row.  I am a bit over half way on  making the quilt top.


Have you seen Barb Vedder's new pattern?  It is titled "Fun Folk Art Patterns".  It is for the same style of quilt that I am making.  When she made her quilt, she used some of Kaffe Fassett's drawings and interspersed it with her own designs.  She said there are enough shapes in her pattern that you can make a quilt with just her designs.  You can see the pattern here.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/228778566/fun-folk-art-patterns?ref=shop_home_active_2

And just in case you want to visit Barb's blog (it always has interesting posts and quilts to look at), click here


Have a nice day and take a few minutes to sew.

Karen

12 comments:

  1. Nice work, Karen! I think Temecula did one similar awhile ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bonito, bonito!!!
    quiero mas tiempo para dedicar a la costura
    ¿llegara ese día?
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this project! Do you draw/design all the shapes yourself? Great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your header Karen and your coverlet is Beautiful! Hard shapes to applique, beautiful work, Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job, Karen. Another nice project in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Slow progress is still progress. Love the elephant in the right corner. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your elephants! I'm so happy that you are also adding your own patterns! Thanks for the endorsement of my pattern set.
    I had to chuckle at Lori's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good! I'd like to add this quilt to my someday list. I've been eyeing Barb's pattern

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good, Karen!!! Love the elephants.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun quilt! I have the Temecula pattern somewhere--I'm inspired to dig it out and get started!

    ReplyDelete