QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Catherine's Garden Block 5 and 1850 Folk Art Album Update

I finished block five of Catherine's Garden.  It is interesting how the one stem is created with two fabrics.  The patterns are available through Dawn (Collector With A Needle).

And here is a picture of all the blocks to date.  I may be the only one that likes my prim version done in pinks and brown and a bit of red.  Check out Dawn's antique look version that she is making.

I have stitched more blocks for the 1850 Folk Art Album pattern by Laurene Sinema.  I have been asked where the pattern can be found.  Laurene Sinema passed away quite some time ago.  I found the album quilt pattern on E-Bay.  For a good while, I saw Laurene's patterns on The Pattern Peddler but I could not order from there as it is a wholesale site.  When you would look at the Laurene Sinema section, it said to order soon as supplies were limited and no more would be available.  The site has changed its look and now I do not find any of Laurene's patterns available.  I suggest you watch E-Bay and maybe one will again show up there.  Or, if you are a blogger or on a Facebook quilt group, you might ask if anyone has one they would be willing to sell.

This was an easy block to stitch.  One piece.



This is a quirky block with the plume coming out of the bird's tail section.

I am going to be prepping more applique blocks today.  You will find me in the sewing room.
Karen

23 comments:

  1. dear karen,love your cathrines garden blocks,take care,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen, I think your prim version of Catherines Garden is my favorite! The colors suit the blocks perfectly.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That colour combination is a winner for me as well! All your blocks look great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find the pink and brown, with splashes of red, very attractive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Son todos los bloques maravillosos
    los bloques del jardín delicados, tiernos
    arte popular verde y rojo mi debilidad
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet blocks :-D

    You are making great progress !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fabric choices and the quilt! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both projects are lovely! I am especially keen on your red and green folk art - such character blocks! Can I ask what fabric you have for background - looks the perfect shade?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your latest of the 5. I like how the stems cross - adds interest and depth. Just Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Karen,
    love your applique blocks, they are beuatiful.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to the link you provided and it does not appear to be the same quilt - but maybe I just cannot see the blocks that you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your pink and brown version of this quilt and your 1850 Folk Art Album. Especially that last block with the plume.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great progress!! Love the pink and brown, great choice.
    Your album blocks are great, many classics in their and some unique ones as well. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun fabrics for these blocks. You are moving right along!

    I hope you enjoyed your time in the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Catherine's Garden blocks are wonderful--I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am really loving these Karen. The fabric choices are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The new blocks for Catherine's Garden are wonderful. These are the colors I'm used to seeing. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty appliqué blocks

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your colors for Catherine's Garden. The Folk Art pattern is great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your Cathrine's Garden blocks. The pink, red and brown does work together!
    Great work on the Folk Art blocks! You really seem to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Karen I have this pattern....I want to play!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How lovely to see one of Laurene's patterns being made by someone today, long after she has passed on. The 1850 is one I didn't make, but probably because Laurene had so many talents and we coincided in other patterns, clubs and classes at the Quilted Apple. I never did more than a couple of the red and green classes, but I have the pattern somewhere, and wouldn't part with it for anything! Your blocks bring back such good memories, and are so nicely done.

    ReplyDelete