QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Friday, April 24, 2015

New Blocks For the Ohio Connection Quilt

An update on the next batch of blocks I have made for the Ohio Connection quilt.


The first block is the Oak Leaf and Reel.


The lamb is not in the Ohio Connection Quilt book but is found in the Quilts of the Ohio Miami Valley book.  There are some different versions of the lamb.  Standing and laying.  I chose this particular one because it would fit a rectangular space and has a more folk art look.


The rooster is another block not found in the pattern book but in the Ohio Miami Valley book.


A Bear Paw block.


The stork block is also a design I found in the Miami Valley book.  It was found in a few of the quilts from that area.  I may be the only one doing this block from our little group.  It works well in the solid fabrics.

I am enjoying making the quilt blocks from the pattern book and in finding ideas for the substitute blocks.

Visit Lori, Cathy, LuAnn, and Nancy for an update on their block making since the last post.

Karen

21 comments:

  1. These are so cute. And the colors are so different for you. Great job so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love the colours! I'm off to see what the other ladies have been up to! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blocks. What a challenge to work with the solids! You are doing a stellar job! I see I assembled my Oak leaf block wrong. Oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. buenos y preciosos bloques !!
    la cigüeña es..... tan original,
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blocks. The stork is very cute. I agree, it has to be challenging to use soldi fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your blocks are so nice; I like the added Bear Paw Block too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty--esp'ly loving that stork and lamb! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how ALL of your blocks turned out!
    You are really on a roll with this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blocks. I enjoy looking at yours and Lori's (Humble Quilts) together. I love both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blocks Karen, I love the stork. You might not be the only one making it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovin' the rooster and bear paw blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so enamored with the substitute blocks you come up with. The lamb especially makes me smile. Great work, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your stork! He/she looks so graceful :0) Its been so fun to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These get better and better! Love them in the colors you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your choice of solids!! great set of blocks

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your color palette is so perfect for this quilt. i love the fact that you are inserting some other blocks so that you add your own touch. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness I LOVE the lamb and stork - I just can't wait to see this one put together. Love the quilt in your header too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The spring sampler in our header is to pretty.

    The rooster is my favorite even though it isn't from the book.

    ReplyDelete