QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Quick Update

I hope you aren't bored with the album quilt blocks.  Three more to share with you.

First is the Star and Crescent block.  It was meant to be a pieced block but would have been difficult.  I decided to applique it instead.


The shoe and flowers is a substitute block.  Not in Anita's book but is found in the Ohio Miami Valley Quilts book.  Variations are found in a few of the quilts.  I like quirky designs and this makes me smile.




And last is the Princess Feather block.  This is a one feather design.  It was slow going doing the applique but turned out better than I thought it might.  I didn't realize I took such a crooked picture.


A photo of all the blocks to date.


Nancy from Tattered Garden Quilting and LuAnn from Loose Threads  have joined in.  You may have already see their posts but if not, check it out.  Lori has a post today also.   Cathy was just finishing up a baby quilt so no new blocks for a few days.

Karen

23 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic! No, never tired of seeing these blocks. The quirky shoe is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your blocks look great. I was just going to skip that Princess Feather block because it looked so difficult to piece. That’s a great shoe block. I just love your version of this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me gustan estos bloques!!!
    el zapato es muy divertido
    el bloque princesa de la pluma, no lo había visto nunca es precioso
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blocks this time around looked challenging. The flowers in the shoe is quirky for sure, but super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing how each of you interpret the blocks--and that shoe bouquet is so cool! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shoe is so funny ! I was surprised when I discovered it ! :)))
    But I love your colors that you used and the blocks all together are so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blocks--love that shoe block--so funny...hugs Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun and unique! Definitely something to smile about.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course I'm NEVER bored with your blocks!! So beautiful and inspiring!!

    This is going to be one fabulous quilt!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are getting a lot done on the quilt and the shoe is a fun block.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great new blocks!!! You seem to be moving right along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great blocks - love the show bouquet!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The shoe flowers are so charming--fun block!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This project is moving right along. The shoe and flowers block is way too cute. It's one of my favorites so far.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving these blocks. I love the colors and the primitive quality. Beautiful work as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't imagine piecing the star and crescent...looks like applique to me. As to that shoe block...so unusual and cute as can be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't imagine piecing the star and crescent...looks like applique to me. As to that shoe block...so unusual and cute as can be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love each of these newest additions!
    I'm really happy you chose to work with solids.
    I may be inspired to use them in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Karen I really love that shoe block! Your quilt is really coming along nicely and the blues fit right in! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  21. I also like the green in the shoe! Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the applique you did, I can't imagine trying to piece that. The shoe is fabulous - I think that's my favorite block so far!!!

    ReplyDelete