QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Friday, May 8, 2015

Ohio Collection Quilt Update

Another update on my Ohio Collection quilt.  I have had company for about 10 days so not a lot of sewing done but I did have some free time here and there.  Some of the blocks were done previously and not shown so I will share pictures now.

A Bow Ties block.


Birds In the Air.

The hands and horseshoes is not from Anita's book but a version is pictured in a quilt in the Ohio Miami Valley book.  I enlarged the picture and traced elements to create a block that would fit the space I had.

Periwinkle.  The edges did not come out exactly the way they should have but will work in the quilt as is.


An Old Maid block.

I still have blocks to stitch but was anxious to start sewing the top part of the quilt together.  My design wall is not wide enough to show the entire width flat but you can get an idea of what it is going to look like.  Lots of partial seams and thinking on how to best do it.


Not all the parts are connected yet but many are.  I need to sew a couple blocks before I can put more together on the quilt.  I am liking it very well.

Lori, Nancy, Cathy, and LuAnn are still working on their blocks and you can see updates by visiting their blogs.

I have had inquiries as to where the book can be purchased that we are using for patterns.  As far as I know, the Ohio Collection quilt pattern book is only available directly from Anita Shackelford.  Here is a link.  We are also using the Album Quilts of Ohio Miami Valley book by Sue Cummings for reference and some of the blocks that we have opted to add to the quilt.  You can find new and used copies of the book on Amazon.



Back to my sewing room for more fun.
Karen

18 comments:

  1. Great blocks Karen. I really, really like your version of this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todos los bloques me gustan,
    este edredón me parece tan claro y se ve tan limpio
    no puedo imaginar el final,
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blocks! I love the look on your design wall! Just what we liked when we chatted about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful progress! It is going to be an amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks look great together! I really like the addition of the hands and horseshoes block. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the addition of the hands and horseshoe block...it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous - love the hands and horseshoes, they'll add so much interest to this quilt. I think the applique blocks are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun to see these quilts come together! The vintage look is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving how all those terrific blocks are coming together. The solids you chose really reflect a vintage quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving watching this all come together. I really like the hands--my favorite of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. More wonderful blocks Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the newest additions... your hands & horseshoe block is my favorite this week!
    All of your blocks are beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great new colors - love how they all look together!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love what u have done w this quilt karen😉

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great all together. Fun to see the pieced blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The blocks and colors are wonderful! I rarely use solid fabrics, but this quilt will be amazing in solids.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have both books and you inspire me so much to start a quilt like this. It is WONDERFUL

    ReplyDelete