QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Feathered "T"

I made a sample Feathered "T" block.


The block finishes at 11 1/4 inches.  The pattern is in the book "Cracker Crumbs" by Country Threads.


The block design is shown on the back cover.


The story given in the book is that the Country Threads ladies purchased the four red and white antique blocks at Quilt Market.  They could not find the block design in any reference book so they named the block Feathered "T".  The book gives directions for the 11 1/4 inch blocks and for 6 3/4 inch blocks.

Looking at the blocks on the back cover, I can see possibilities for different looks depending on color, where darks and lights are placed, and style of fabric.  I plan to make more blocks and each different.  I want to use a rogue triangle  here and there like you see in some of the antique quilts.   Play time and no rush to finish.

I like the log cabin quilt on the front cover too.  It is a thin book.  Only 24 pages.  No longer in print but there are a few copies available on Amazon if anything catches your interest.  Or maybe you have the book in your collection already.

A lazy day here for me and time to play.
Karen

19 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day playing! I had never seen this book before....looks good as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful block! You always find the nicest patterns! Glad you are having fun playing hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture on the back of the book fascinates me the way the feathered T looks so completely different with the value placement changed. I thought they had thrown in a whole rogue block. Are you shooting for a lap quilt, bed quilt, or who knows? : )
    For just a minute I thought I was on the wrong blog. You are piecing a project--really? *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nunca había visto esta estrella,
    tu siempre nos enseñas cosas nuevas,
    buen domingo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful block to make into a quilt and I love the fabrics you used.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. neat block. Don't think I've seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great block. Hope you enjoyed play time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Block!

    Greetings from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  9. This block looks great. The book seems to be interesting...
    LG
    Marle

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a really cute block!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun block. Lots of opportunity to play with placement variations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the colors and the patterns in your block. They work really well together and I think it gives it movement :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I remember this book! My mom had it and I always intended to borrow it from her and hopefully make the front quilt.:) That's a great block.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting block! I really like the quilt on the cover too. I guess I will be making a stop at Amazon next.

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://quilts-vintageandantique.blogspot.com/2015/07/red-and-white-antique-quilt.html?showComment=1437705675455#c7127418267135323800

    This gal has a picture of a red and white quilt made of this block and she wondered what the name of it was.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful block !! You are going to have a cute quilt !

    ReplyDelete