QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Friday, July 31, 2015

Old Voices New Impressions Blocks

The first four blocks of Old Voices New Impressions from the book by Jeana Kimball.  I am using the same background fabric for all the blocks and making twenty-five.

Trumpet Creeper


Heartsease

Antique Rose

Tree Top Feast

There are some other ladies joining in.  We are aiming for at least four blocks a month but whatever is accomplished is just fine.  The book is out of print and all reasonably priced used copies have been sold.  I keep an eye out for new listings of the book and will let you know if I see a copy of the book at reasonable price.  We will be showing our latest blocks the end of each month.

I have enlarged the block designs and am making the version of the quilt shown on the back cover which is using the applique blocks only.  My favorite block in this batch is the one with the bird.

Happy Stitching!
Karen



32 comments:

  1. How pretty! My favorite is the bird block too

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Karen....I am sewing antique rose block...having a blast w these...I like the bird too hugs mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful blocks. I can't decide between the creeper and the bird blocks for a favorite. But they are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those really are beautiful and beautiful appliqué work. I want to start something but never get the time to get pieces ready, need another me;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all lively. The Trumpet flower is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blocks Karen. What method for your applique do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours blocks are beautiful! I love them all! I got four done, but the wrong ones! lol I will have the right ones next month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dear karen so beautiful blocks,susi

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much fun to see you work through these! Great looking applique as usual.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Karen,
    very nice blocks, wonderful new projct, looked up the book.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen el nuevo proyecto, tiene unos preciosos bloques!!!
    los cuatro son tan guapos!!
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blocks, Karen! I look forward to seeing more...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my....how lovely blocks you made .... I love them soooo much !
    Bravo Karen ! :) your appliqué is perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blocks look absolutely gorgeous! I will post mine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fabulous blocks ... that's going to be one fabulous quilt when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! I especially love the little touches of yellow--add so much charm!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, Karen! I especially love the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such sweet blocks ... I love the bird block :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just looked at Cathy's and Rebecca's blocks. You girls are on a roll. Your blocks are fantastic. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooo! I really like this one... I love the touch of the old mixed with new... going to enjoy watching you progress on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All very nice blocks. All cotton this time? I love the background fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These blocks are wonderful, and really like your fabric choices too. Hope you had a nice vacation, and isn't it wonderful to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your blocks are really beautiful!
    Such wonderful progress on these.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous applique! I do think the heartsease is pretty cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. All your blocks are wonderful. My favorite would be the Antique Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your blocks are beautiful. I look forward to watching your progress on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I always admire your fabric choices! Lovely blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What's considered a reasonable price for the book? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete