QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Three Small Finishes

A one day project to make February's banner from a Buttermilk Basin pattern.  I am working on March today.  I wish I could make one a day for the next ten days and finish the next ten months' worth of patterns.


The next finish is a basket quilt from a pattern by Lori Rippey of HomeSpun Prims by Lori.  I was attracted to her design because of the horizontal stripes and the prim style baskets.  An easy applique project.  I hand quilted using a big stitch.



The third finished quilt is the flag quilt which is from Cheri Payne's freebie design on her blog very recently.  It was fun selecting the flag fabrics from stash.  The crows and star are wool.   Machine quilted.


All three quilt projects were quick ones to make.  Enjoyable to do.

Karen

15 comments:

  1. All three are wonderful and I love how you did Cheri's flag quilt, one I will make next year.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you made that February banner very quickly! Your two recent banners have given me a clue as to how I will finish the Buttermilk Basin pattern I am working on now.
    I do like those horizontal stripes on the basket quilt.
    Love that Cheri Payne pattern. You did a great job. That is one that got away from me this year, but I have saved the instructions for next year. After seeing yours I hope I can wait that long. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Karen,
    three lovely finishes, like them a lot.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three wonderful finishes Karen! I love your rendition of my design. The quilted hearts in the baskets are a nice touch. Thank you for sharing. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me gustan los tres
    ¡¡¡las cestas me chiflan!!!
    ¿tu catarro ya paso?
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute little quilts. It is a nice feeling of accomplishment to finish-even little quilts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Karen - gosh, I really love that February mini on top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finishes Karen. I especially like the little flag quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute projects--I love your little flags!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Three beautiful finishes. Thanks for sending me the information on where to find the Buttermilk Basin kits. I love those banners.

    Love the hand quilting you did on the baskets, too. The flags are one of my favorites, nice wavy quilting for stripes and I like the big star on each flag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 3 small projects with a big impact and sweet charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them all but especially that flag quilt - that looks like a really fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sweet little quilts. I have always been drawn to basket quilts. So many styles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All three are so cute, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your monthly banners! Do you have a stand to hang them on? And the flag quilt is a darling patriotic quilt! What fun!

    ReplyDelete