QUILT INFO

I used a Buttermilk Basin for the spring wool mat.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Delicious Autumn

In a previous post, I shared a picture of the small wall quilt I received from Belarmina in a fall quilt swap.  Today, I can share with you a picture of the piece I made for her as she has received it.  I thought it would take longer than a week to arrive in Spain but it made good time.


It is from a pattern by Bonnie Sullivan called "Delicious Autumn".  The design is in Pumpkin Patch Threads which is put out by Need'l Love.  I used Osnaburg for the background and wool for the applique.  It is hand quilted with a big stitch.  I love the colors of fall and enjoyed making this very much.

Karen


22 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt for Fall!
    I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful piece and I am sure she loved it. I really need to decide on some projects so I can get some kits made up to take with me.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful gift! I have that pattern on my 'to do' list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a delicious Fall piece! Nice work, Karen. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lucky person your swap partner is, that is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fall swap piece was beautifully done. It represents you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful!! Nice design, and I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I am sure she loved receiving it!! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You out did yourself on this one. It’s lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this and the idea of being a bird, to fly around the earth for successive autumns. Beautiful work Karen for a very lucky recipient. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soy la afortunada destinataria de este impresionante trabajo!!!
    Karen gracias .....

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is beautiul Karen - such a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Karen,
    wonderful work, what a lovely project.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  14. The wool was a wonderful idea. Really sweet quilt.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a very lovely quilt! pretty sure she will adore it!
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you enjoyed it I can see you have lovely stitches I am sure the recipient is very happy with this little treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love the wool and great colors Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so beautiful, Karen! Lucky recipient.

    ReplyDelete