QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Monday, August 10, 2015

Stash Building

Did I have a good vacation?  You be the judge.


Lots of new fabrics to add to the stash!  I visited two shops I have never been to.  The first one was Sew'n Place in the Fayetteville, Pa. area on Route 30.  Nicely displayed fabric with plenty of light so the fabrics were easy to see.  The second one was a visit to Lolly's in Shipshewana, Indiana.  More reproduction fabrics in one shop than I have seen anywhere else!  I made a repeat visit to a quilt shop in Sugarcreek, Ohio called Swiss Village Quilts.  I think the owners are probably Menonite.  Good prices on fabrics at this shop but not a lot of the newer fabrics.  We also ate at the Amish style restaurant in Walnut Creek which is always good.

I am working on two wall hangings but cannot share either one with you at this time.  Both are for swaps I am particpating in.  I will do another post in a few days and share a project that I started but not enough done to look like much.

I purchased the templates to make a quilt like this.


It is called "Jolene Star".  I still need to purchase the pattern.  Would make a nice table topper or work on making the edges squared.  I have to think about it a bit.

Take time to sew today!
Karen

32 comments:

  1. Yep, looks like a good vacation to me! I love searching for new-to-me good fabrics.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good finds on the fabric. Love the cheddar pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh pretty!! Hurrah for stash building! I like that pattern for the star...and I have a ruler that would work wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que buenas y aprovechadas vacaciones, buen lote de telas!!!
    la estrella se ve preciosa
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabrics to build your stash, I love to shop when we are on trips, that is the best souvenir for me too;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fabric finds on your vacation trips!
    I like the Jolene's Star pattern you plan to make.
    It will be fun to see what fabrics you choose for it it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome fabric choices, Karen. Right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee for the new fabrics! They are so pretty and I love your neutrals, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic vacation in a great part of the U.S. looks like a fun stack of fabrics,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice additions to your stash. Sounds like a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a good time. Great looking cheddar. It will be fun figuring out what to do with them....someday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh - I could have met you at Sew 'n Place!!!! Looks like you had a good trip. Enjoy all those new fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely a good vacation. Purples and cheddars--grab 'em when you can!!
    That star pattern is a new one on me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's always fun to see what other people buy. You've got some good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You lucked out on your trip---pretty fabrics...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Karen,
    you did have a great vacation, I see.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice fabric buys! Love them all. Sounds like a super fun vacay!
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow Karen great fabric pics...always a new project right? I've got to stop buying! Lol. Glad u had a great vacation...hugs mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you found some fun fabrics to add to your stash and that pattern will be a great way to use some of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some very lovely fabrics there and I love that quilt pattern! Makes me want to explore shops I haven't been to since I moved to Oregon - and there are a lot of them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you had an amazing time! I spied some really great "old" fabs - the best part about visiting somewhat obscure quilt shops is you can find some golden oldies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your Jolene Star quilt is beautiful! Lovely additions for your stash too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. great new fabrics - glad you had a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great choice of fabrics!! And I love the quilt you are going to make !!!
    Have a lovely day !

    ReplyDelete
  25. I was wondering why you've been so quiet. A vacation is way better than being sick! Love your purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like you purchased some wonderful fabrics. So glad you had a good vacation. I can' wait to see what you have been working on!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Definitely an excellent vacation in my opinion. Gorgeous fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like you had fun shopping! Especially love the reds and cheddars you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like you had my favorite kind of vacation! I love your new fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete