QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Slow Stitching Sunday

I decided to join in on Slow Stitchin' Sunday by doing the binding on this small wall hanging.




I showed the applique block back in June but just added the border a day or two ago.  Choosing the small pink check fabric for the border was the right choice for me.  Simple.  I big stitch quilted the piece with perle cotton thread.  I used wool for the flower stems.  The rest is cotton needle turn applique.  I used a design from a booklet by Bird In Hand Primitives called "Thyme For Valetines".  I enlarged the design to be able to use it for applique.  The piece measures 10 inches by 16 inches so not very big.

Stop by Kathy's blog to see what others are working on.

Karen

20 comments:

  1. You do beautiful hand work. Simple is always a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super cute - love the colors - every day is slow stitching for me, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet wall hanging. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little wallhanging Karen.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very sweet piece, Karen. And just think--you are ahead of the game for Valentine's Day, having it finished so early.
    I like the checked border--and the change in scale from the checked flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little quilt, and they are fun to make.
    I am thinking of doing my flannels in a simple piecing and then adding a large appliqué on it, a way to make my comforter and actually finish it in time to use;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little quilt--so adorable! The check makes a great border!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and you are ahead of the game with a Valentine's finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Precious! The check is a perfect border.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pinks and reds for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. que tierno!!!
    el acolchado muy bonito, me gusta,
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the finish! You have so many wonderful projects on the go :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable wall hanging, congratulations on a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I come back from vacation and you have even more wonderful projects completed! This one is extra sweet. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a sweet wall hanging! Love the colors and fabrics.

    ReplyDelete