QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Friday, October 9, 2015

Fall Swap Quilts

I participated in a fall themed small quilt swap with Deb from Patchwork Sanity - a woman's piece of mind.  I often comment how much I like basket quilts.  I have made many basket blocks for quilts over the years.  I am very pleased with the one Deb made for me.  The yellow fabric has honey comb shapes and bees flying round.  Deb hand quilted this with a big stitch and it is very nicely done.  Thank you, Deb!




Below is a picture of the small fall quilt I sent to Deb.  I used a pattern by Cheri which is titled "Witch Quilt".  It is wool on cotton applique.  This is the third one of the witches I have made.  I made two last year.  One for a gift and one for myself.  I big stitched this with perle cotton thread.


Enjoy your day.  You will find me in the sewing room cleaning and moving shelving units.  And making all the fabric shelves look somewhat neat.

Karen

31 comments:

  1. that witch is the cutest - I love the circles (eyeballs) in the border - fun!
    great basket quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little "Witchey Woman"--so cute...and your gift basket piece is pretty, too. hugs--good luck with that re-organizing...watch your back!! Juierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both quilts are wonderful, but I love your little witch! So adorable. The eyeballs in the border are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great swap--you each did beautiful work.
    That is a really nice little basket quilt, and your witch quilt is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, I love the circle quilting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of those little quilts are darling!
    I hope you make wonderful progress in your sewing room today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are great little quilts. Hope your cleaning and straightening is going well. That can be like opening a can of worms!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally Adorable... How do I find these beautiful swaps?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both you and Deb have wonderful new fall quilt. Looks like it was a great swap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely swap items! I love anything basket, and this quilt is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great swap, you both did such a nice job on your quilts and the fabric colors. I do like that witch, love the colors and the little circles, makes it fun.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your quilts, especially the little witch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greet basket quilt...

    Greetings from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love my little witch Karen and it will has an honorable place in my home! she helps me make fabric decisions. Thanks again for adding me on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute little witch. Have fun in the sewing room, I need to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen, both quilts are adorable! And I love the hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both quilt are such pretty pieces to treasure :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute whimsical witch. Hope you enjoyed the sewing room time - that's always a nice feeling, getting organized.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are darling! Enjoy your organizing....I love to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! BOTH of these quilts are wonderful! Well done to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both quilts are gorgeous.... love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Witch is so very cute and of course I love the baskets as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great quilts, both given and received.

    I think it is very special that Deb hand quilted the one she sent to you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That little witch quilt is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both what you sent and received are lovely, congrats on a great swap.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your witch quilt, and the basket one you received is in gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The basket quilt is great and the witch is perfect for a fall swap!!

    ReplyDelete