QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Friday, October 30, 2015

Pioneer Trail Part One

I thought I would share with you what is on the design wall right now.  I didn't get them on the wall in a straight line but you can get the idea.


These are covered wagons from the book "Pioneer Trail" by Jill Kemp.  The book is from 1993 so an older one.  I have an idea pictured in my mind of where I want to go with making a quilt using blocks from the book along with some pieced blocks.  I will just have to wait and see how things look when I get more done.

Tomorrow I will be posting the next four applique blocks for the Old Voices sew-along.  If you are participating and have more stitched, I will have a link-up for you to share your blocks.

Karen

20 comments:

  1. Those are really cute wagons! They remind me if the Little House on the Prairie books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I have never seen a quilt block like those :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! Bring 'em on..."Wagons Hoooooooo"...hey did you ever watch that show call Wagon Train! Loved that show...talk about a flashback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are darling! You are going to have a wonderfully unique quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those are cute! The background fabric is perfect giving the blocks an aged look! Looking forward to how you use these

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your wagon blocks, cannot wait to see what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to hunt for that book, lol - I adore these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen que bonito!!
    nunca vi edredones con esas caravanas.
    impaciente por ver que publicas mañana
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking covered wagons Are they prairie schooners or conestogas? (I have no idea how you tell, I just had to ask.) : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. How I miss having time to just sit and stitch for hours, someday Bean will grow up and not be so needy, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new header photo, Jo's Whig Rose. Your covered wagons are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, cute, cute!! Can't wait to see you creation! It'll be fun and amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see what you do with these....they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blocks, looking forward to see them in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love those covered wagons can't wait to see the whole thing

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm way behind reading my favorite blogs. These are just adorable! It's always fun to see what you are making.

    ReplyDelete