QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Monday, November 2, 2015

Small Wonders Fabrics

I was given the opportunity to take some new fabric not on the market yet and create whatever came to mind.  The fabric bundle I received is an Americana line by Mary Fons who is working with Springs Creatives Fabrics.  She tells her story much better than I can so there is a short video here that you can watch.  Also a sneak peek at some of the fabrics here.

Here are the fabrics that were in my bundle.


There is an eagle print.  The navy with white eagles.  I quickly decided that I wanted to do applique eagles in a sort of positive/negative style.  I selected an eagle design from Kay MacKenzie's book "Inspired By Tradition".  I added a star to the shield.  There was  enough fabric to make four blocks and a border.  I think I can piece a backing from the left over fabrics.  I have to think about how I want to quilt it.


Thank you, Mary Fons for the opportunity to play with some of your fabric!

Karen

18 comments:

  1. cute little four block eagle. Love your header quit too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love those eagles. Great use of the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun experience to play with new fabrics hot off the presses. Love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too clever to let the fabric inspire your quilt design this way - I love it! And how fun to play with fabric before it's available to the public - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way this combines the feel of primitive, pop culture, and 30s/40s for me. And Marvel, as well, since my son-in-law-to-be just passed me in his Captain America shirt at the moment I was reading about the stars you added on the shields. It was a fun smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to get a sneak peek at a new line. I would never have come up with that eagle design (of course not, it is applique), but it really looks good!
    Will you by chance give the finished piece a tea bath? : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon's birthday is on July 4th...this is what the fabric reminded me. LOL You had a great bundle to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen que bien, este juego positivo- negativo,
    me gusta, el águila con su estrella,
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  9. The eagles were a great idea for these fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun for you, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You came up with a beautiful project idea Karen!
    This Eagle quilt top is super sweet.
    Your applique' work is beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I really like these eagles done this way :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great fabrics, love what you've made with them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choice of patterns - and pretty fabrics. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great pattern choice! It's looks wonderful.:)

    ReplyDelete