QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Cheri Saffiote Payne. The design is from an older book "Two Hour Christmas Projects".

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sweet and Simple Update

Two more blocks done for "Sweet and Simple".  I think that makes sixteen of the thirty designs.  First is a block titled "To Love and Be Loved".  It has a nice quotation embroidered on it.


Next is a block titled "Springtime".  Those are long rabbit ears.


I found a wood rack at a local thrift store.  I don't know what its original use was meant to be but I am in the process of hanging small quilts on it.  Right now the rack is sitting on a dining room chair.  I am not sure exactly where it will sit but probably in the entryway near a cabinet full of quilts.  I had seen something similar on a blog recently.  I can't remember which blog.  I thought it was a good idea but figured I would never find anything like it.  But, surprise, I did.


Have a good sewing day!
Karen

23 comments:

  1. Adorable blocks--bunny is so cute!! Aren't you lucky to find a rack--I figured that I'd never find one--but will keep on looking....hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find Karen, I really like the saying on the first block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh!! SCORE!! What a cute rack and perfect to display small quilts! Love the WIP!! Cute saying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those blocks and what a great find. If I'd seen it, it probably never would've dawned on me to use it for quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that rabbit applique! So cute.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen bonitos bloques!
    el estante es fantastico!!!
    la cita, si el traductor es correcto me gusta mucho
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute blocks!! I like your little rack- it looks perfect for little quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your new blocks and your rack is perfect for quilts.
    I always look for small ladders and things I can hang quilts from, fun for the minis.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that first block really makes me happy! Love it.
    Maybe it was my blog. I have a ladder like that I found at a thrift store a few months ago and posted photos of it with little quilts. And then I just showed it again with my Fall decor post. Yours looks like it has a nice arrangement on the side that makes it free-standing. Mine has to lean on something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of your blocks. What a great little rack to hang your beautiful little quilts on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet blocks and a wonderful quilt rack addition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That little quilt rack is awesome! Lucky girl for finding it. I love your sweet applique blocks. It's always so fun to see what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think those racks were sold for magazines racks - what a great idea to use it for little quilts. Nice display you have!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blocks are so cute! Great find for displaying quilts--I'm going to keep an eye peeled now for something similar--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely stitching, great quilt rack find!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these blocks are so pretty...the bunny made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of these blocks are so pretty...the bunny made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  18. great rack for displaying quilts - and sweet blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 2 very beautiful blocks!
    Great find with that old rack.
    It looks fabulous with your quilts displayed on it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those blocks are just darling!!! And I love that wooden rack - how lovely to find something you never thought you would.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this Karen! you are very lucky and great quilts that really need to be displayed. I come to visit so that I can get some motivation today and your blog always does it.

    ReplyDelete