QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Monday, January 25, 2016

Country Album Part Two

Two more blocks finished for the album quilt.  First up is the Potted Roses block and the design is from the Forget Me Not book by Jeana Kimball.

 And the Grapes block is also from the same book.



The four completed blocks thus far.


I just finished cutting out the rest of the background squares.  I purchased 15 yards of the Kona Cotton.  I cut all the background blocks down one side of the fabric so that I will have the length of the yardage for the borders.  A chore to handle all that fabric doing the cutting but it is over and done with until border cutting time.  I have some of the stitching done on the fifth block and hope to finish it tomorrow.

We had a cold spell here in Florida but warmed up to about 68 degrees this afternoon.  Typical January weather.  Hope you have dug out from the winter storm if you live where it hit so hard.

Karen

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks! Glad you are warming up...we are up to 70 too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, fantásticos bloques !!
    el tiempo esta muy revuelto
    en Gijón 23º es temperatura, es tiempo de principio de verano,
    están brotando los arboles,
    en el sur de España , esta pasada noche un terremoto fuerte,
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those grapes are terrific. All those little circles! Handling all that fabric is like handling an octopus. Glad you got that part done. It's a smart way to make better use of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful and they look beautiful with the other blocks.
    I got some Kona white to dye, still haven't used it yet, but I like the weight and will be nice when I want to do some special pieces for a project.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do such beautiful applique work. I am especially impressed with the grapes block.
    That was very smart of you to save one side of the Kona yardage to use for the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Karen,
    wonderful blocks, wonderful colors and shapes, love the design.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks are lovely...glad you didn't get too too cold; hard to believe when we've had such hot weathr here lately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love the potted roses block--beautiful applique work, Karen. {sigh}...hugs, Julierose (all dug out)

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I've wanted the length of fabric I usually rip it instead of rotary cutting.
    Love the basket block!! Chunky and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen--I moved to Florida in Sept to be warm--but I am cold!!!I also live on the space coast now--so were is the sun and the heat???
    love all your blocks--I also love to applique--
    love and laughter, di

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wonderful! Your quilt is already taking shape!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are amazing the way you keep producing these applique blocks. I am so slow by comparison. I love seeing what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blocks look great! Did you find the Kona cotton locally?

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are wonderful...when I look at all of those little grapes it seems that you are quite quick! :) Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great blocks - love those grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not sure how you get so much done. Great blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking good. And 15 yards is a LOT of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH they're gorgeous - I can't imagine 15 yards of Kona to deal with, lol, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful blocks Karen - they all look so lovely together!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Alright, I've got to ask ... do you sleep? lol Lovely blocks!

    ReplyDelete