QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Friday, January 22, 2016

Country Album

I have started another new applique project.  This time, I am combining designs from five sources.  The block designs will be by Jeana Kimball and Laurene Sinema.  I plan on trimming the blocks to a fifteen inch square later on.

The first block is from Laurene's Miniature Folk Art pattern.  Of course, I had to enlarge the block pattern.  I love this design and wanted to do it first.


The next block is from one of Jeana's designs in her "Forget Me Not" book and is called Crossed Roses.


The background fabric I am using is Kona Cotton in a bone shade.  And I am doing needle turn applique.  I often get asked about both the background I have used and what style of applique I am using.

I have a third block close to done.  Back to stitching on it.
Karen

19 comments:

  1. I love the block with the girl and the bird. Years ago I visited Laurene's shop, The Quilted Apple, and bought many of her patterns. I wonder if I have this one. Could you possibly show a picture of it so I know much what I'm looking for? I have many patterns and it would help to see it and know what size it is so I could look in the right drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of enlarging designs like that, would be easier for me and fun to do some of the old patterns in a quilt. Love your blocks.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little girl block - so cute! You're like me with the multiple applique projects. I just started another one too. You do such nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks! always good to hear the background fabric used as I am always on the search for the 'perfect' shade of cream - there are so many! I do love the Forget me Not blocks and your applique is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is beautiful! Great blocks! Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen bonitos bloques.
    ¡¡¡ me encanta el de la niña !!!
    buen fin de semana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how you do it, but your work is always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first block...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why you would want to make the first block your first choice, it is delightful Karen. Your needle turn appliqué looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little girl is adorable--great blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such sweet blocks especially that little girl :-D
    AS always beautiful work !

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always have such great applique blocks going. And, I love Kona Cotton as a background, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This will be a very interesting quilt. I really like the block with the girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just bought 3 yards of Kona bone for a stitchery project, lol. I LOVE that little girl - oh Karen she's adorable!!!! This is going to be another winner!

    ReplyDelete