QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Sew Alongs

Ah, the time of year for new sew alongs.  And some are free patterns.  I am joining in on Sentimental Stitches 1857 Album sew-along and also Wendy Whellum's free block of the month.  Wendy's started in December.  Here are my December and January blocks that Wendy has posted the patterns for.



And I have the three blocks made for The 1857 Album but have not trimmed them yet.  I marked the trim lines and then stitched the corner diamond shapes in place.  I do not want to trim until I am ready to start sewing blocks together.




I will be using mostly solids for The 1857 Album blocks as that is what was used in the original quilt.  My local quilt shop has a good selection of solids.

I am working on another applique project too and will soon have another block to share with you.
Karen

22 comments:

  1. Bellos bloques. Un gran trabajo
    Besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks for both quilts! Greetings
    Lida

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sewing Wendy's blocks too to use in my CCCQ and I was very tempted by the 1857 Album. I love your use of solids, that yellow is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done a sew a long. Sounds like fun. Your blocks look great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two great projects - love your blocks! The solids look wonderful in the 1857 album. I have these projects in mind too - am saving the patterns but at the moment too many finishes are calling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are wonderful and nice way to get a quilt made and not think too far ahead. I tend to get one done and then never finish.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love the 1857 Quilt. Can't wait to see yours progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're off to a gret start. Just deciding in what direction you want to go is as major step. I like the idea of the solids.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all look good, Karen, but that second block really caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen que grandes proyectos para este año,
    muy bonitos todos los bloques
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  11. exciting new projects Karen, your applique looks great.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  12. great sew alongs - it will be fun to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful blocks. I am impatiently waiting for my for BOM from Sue Spargo to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job Karen. Nice to see them made up so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of these blocks! I downloaded the first 3 1857 but have not done anything with them yet. I am going to check out Wendy's blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. You will have a great Reproduction Quilt! I have so many projects going on I am trying to just download and save for someone else or me later on. Your blocks are nice and it is wise to wait to block them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! I am really trying hard not to join in one more thing, but I am so tempted! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent! I love them! My plan is to use at least one solid in each of the 1857 blocks. Are you using the same red for the diamonds throughout the quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great looking blocks! I've been dithering about both projects, but am leaning towards Wendy's blocks.:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You just stay so busy!!! Love all these blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I downloaded the first three 1857 blocks, but have not done anything with them yet. I seem to be having a problem deciding on fabrics. I like your choice of solids.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Are you hand or machine appliqueing your 1857 blocks? Its so hard to find time to do all the quilts I want to make!

    ReplyDelete